Good News Amazon plans wholesale makeover to become ecommerce FDI compliant

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,679
Can you explain how trai rule helps Jio IP TV service?
How come the new tariff is not applicable on Jio TV, Airtel TV, Vodafone TV and Idea TV?

Are you suggesting termination charge should be hiked instead of reducing ? Bear in mind that if you do this then there is no incentive for operators to roll out next generation Mobile network so 2G will remain perpetually

Secondly why only reliance retail ? There are many other desi retail giants present like big bazar , v mart etc so no need to drag reliance only . This law will be helpful for other desi retail business also.

Thirdly do you think with only 2 lakh km optical fibre reliance will capture all India TV business ? Vodafone idea has more fiber and spectrum now than jio and even BSNL has 3 time more fiber than Jio .
Where i said that it should not be done? But uptil what level is for discussion! like 6p or 10p or zero ??! Remember we had calling party pay regime when incoming call rates were reduced. so making it zero is something i am against.
But reduction was the positive thing. we were happy coz a cartel was broken and was in our(customers) favour.
But that would not be case each time rel is favored. like in dth/cable tv. this time also cable tv/broadcaster cartel is being broken.

Can you explain how trai rule helps Jio IP TV service? Last mile connectivity with ftth is impossible to achieve.
Well jio was in quarrel with zee n other provider recently on subsriber/payment terms. plus it would unable to break lco monopoly in many markets for fiber layout.
dth/lco always had upper hand in giving better package. plus to break competition.
jio can live with zero carriage fee carrying all fta channels. voice is already free. only charging for BB and pay channels as mandatory by trai.
In previous regime it would have to pay all paid channels from its pocket regardless of how many are watching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock