Breaking All Warner Brothers Movies next year will release simultaneously in HBOMAX and theatres

Great step to kill off the theatre business which is almost dead from the pandemic. Instead of helping it revive they are trying to help it killing it. Just for the sake of competing against Disney+.

Great step to kill off the theatre business which is almost dead from the pandemic. Instead of helping it revive they are trying to help it killing it. Just for the sake of competing against Disney+.
My bet is that this decision is directly from At&t who are not even in a position to properly report the subscriber data of HBO max. Atleast Universal's strategy is some what better with theatres getting the first dibs on their content. It will be interesting to see what Disney does on December 10th which is just around the corner. Anyhow I don't think Disney will do something this rediculous as they are not desperate like AT'&T.

Bad move. They could have stream the movies after 20 days(or any other limit of period) of theatre release.

This might benefit HBO Max subscribers in US but bang this would be destructor for theatres all around the world.

Obviously in rest of the world Ultra HD prints would be immediately surfacing on Torrent websites, yes I would still be going to theatres to see Dune/The Suicide Squad and other big movies but definitely for small/medium budget films I would be double minded whether to go to a theatre and spend money on travelling/tickets/eatery etc or rather settle at home and watch these on first day in highest quality on my big screen TV free of cost :p.

I thought the piracy would start decreasing with increasing OTT penetration but HBO Max would again be reviving piracy websites

Nolan regarding HBO Max Streaming Theatrical films.

Oh, I mean, disbelief. Especially the way in which they did. There's such controversy around it, because they didn't tell anyone. In 2021, they've got some of the top filmmakers in the world, they've got some of the biggest stars in the world who worked for years in some cases on these projects very close to their hearts that are meant to be big-screen experiences. They're meant to be out there for the widest possible audiences... And now they're being used as a loss-leader for the streaming service -- for the fledgling streaming service -- without any consultation. So, there's a lot of controversy. It's very, very, very, very messy. A real bait and switch. Yeah, it's sort of not how you treat filmmakers and stars and people who, these guys have given a lot for these projects. They deserved to be consulted and spoken to about what was going to happen to their work.

Christopher Nolan Talks 'Tenet' Release & the Future of Movie Theaters

I wonder how many people involved are disappointed with this. Legendary I guess may even consider leaving WB ecosystem which was a talent friendly till now. This is one of the another example why Tech companies should not be running media.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock