Discussion All OTTs under I&B ministry purview

n*d*ty censorship shouldn't mean censorship of every scene which has n*d*ty. It should be case by case basis. Like in some cases n*d*ty is natural. Like Nazi documentaries(Holocaust camp) etc. Still i don't think there should be limit on other artistic freedom. Let viewer decide what they want to watch. Isn't that's the meaning of democracy and free society? Why should someone stop watching something ideology or scene in their home because others don't like it? Ofcourse the common restrictions like Slander, hate speech, fake news etc should be applied.

There is no harm in limiting the vulgarity. Good content can be made without cussing and n*d*ty. If same is objected by content creators than government shall ask them to make uncensored content on pay per view basis like of p*** where a user can directly pay to watch such content.
But why the moral policing? They aren't compelling anyone to watch content with n*d*ty and profound language, so long as all content has the relevant age and content related notice before it starts playing it should be fine to leave it to user discretion. Why does the government need to regulate content that's on demand? Only thing that needs to be regulated is content that fosters anti-national sentiment or encourage acts of terrorism or contains underage p**** the rest should be left to the audience to decide. And how is pay per view any different than paying a fixed monthly subscription for the same content on the OTT platform?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock