Discussion All OTTs under I&B ministry purview

Excellent news. This will be the end of selective profanity.

So long as they don't impose the same level of censorship on OTT platforms as is applicable on linear TV channels it should be fine.

Filmmaker Hansal Mehta expressed his disappointment at the government’s order. Talking to indianexpress.com, the director said, “While this decision wasn’t unexpected, it is still a reason for despair. This desperation for control of free speech and expression does not augur well. I am currently very disappointed.”

OTT platforms under govt purview, content creators criticise the move

As @Esmail said as long they don't censor Web content on these OTT platforms it should be fine.

But I think this is to take control of the narrative for sure. Now itself there are not many channels who broadcast the flaws of Namo, now with this digital only media will also be afraid of the consequences of what they write. For one, we are not a communist nation like China for having everything under Govt rule. We have right to speech, I don't think any of these policies and political parties which makes those ever mindful of that.

OTT platforms under govt purview, content creators criticise the move

As @Esmail said as long they don't censor Web content on these OTT platforms it should be fine.

But I think this is to take control of the narrative for sure. Now itself there are not many channels who broadcast the flaws of Namo, now with this digital only media will also be afraid of the consequences of what they write. For one, we are not a communist nation like China for having everything under Govt rule. We have right to speech, I don't think any of these policies and political parties which makes those ever mindful of that.
There is no harm in limiting the vulgarity. Good content can be made without cussing and n*d*ty. If same is objected by content creators than government shall ask them to make uncensored content on pay per view basis like of p*** where a user can directly pay to watch such content.

There is no harm in limiting the vulgarity. Good content can be made without cussing and n*d*ty. If same is objected by content creators than government shall ask them to make uncensored content on pay per view basis like of p*** where a user can directly pay to watch such content.
I don't mind regd OTT buddy. Have u got what I have said? I was talking about digital only media that is new sites.

That's for OTT but think about digital media comparing with what's the state of mainstream media today. If censorship stays limited to n*d*ty it's not a problem but if it becomes a tool to suppress voices and pull down stories that don't suit the narrative then it is a problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock