Airtel Xstream Fiber Plus Mesh Plan

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 6,486
Its available in Gurgaon since around 10+ days back. 25k annually , linksys velop AC6600 amazon price 40k. Plan offered alongbis 1499 300 mbps with 500gdata. You can take the unlimited data for 299 pm extra as usual. After 1 year one can change the plan if needed.
Ownership is a bit ambiguous. Airtel T&Cs are not clear, the sales guy says after one year its yours .
I am on the same plan & it cost approx 600pm extra if you want to consider it as a rental you are paying for the hardware. Plus you pay upfront.
I am not able to decide If I should be getting it. I already have a powerful router but still a few dead spots due to thick walls.

U8xWURo.jpg

Image says 7 benefits....normal ones bundled with Airtel thanks Platinum or something extra :unsure:

Ownership is a bit ambiguous. Airtel T&Cs are not clear, the sales guy says after one year its yours .

I am not able to decide If I should be getting it.

U8xWURo.jpg
Here's some perspective.

1) Coverage Of Hardware Cost:

25K (Mesh Plan price) + 4.5K (18% GST) = 29. 5K for the year.

40K (Hardware price on Amazon) - 29.5K = 10.5K = A savings of ~10.5K on hardware

2) Internet Benefits:

Rs.1499 plan for 12 months, which costs:

15290* + 18% GST = 15290 + 2752.2 = 18,042.20

* - - > 15290 is the before GST price of the Rs.1499 plan for 1 year, after an Annual Subscription discount of Rs.2698.

3) Additional Benefit:

Amazon Prime subscription for 1 year, which costs Rs.999.

4) Reading the fine print from your screen shot, it says:

" If you move out of the plan within 1 year, then mesh device will be recovered "

Which could conversely mean, that they would not be recovering the device if you move out of the plan after the 1 year mandate.

So, post the mandate, I am guessing that the device would probably be yours to own.

P. S:
The extra cost incurred (as opposed to the regular Annual Subscription of the Rs.1499 plan) would be:

29500 - 18042.20 = 11,457.80 for the year (after GST)

11,457.80 ÷ 12 = 954.81666666666 per month

So, in essence, you would have to pay an additional amount of Rs.11,457.80 per year or Rs.954.82 per month, in comparison with the Annual Subscription of the Rs.1499 plan.

You can look at this in 2 ways. You would be getting:

[ Hardware at reduced price + Free Annual Subscription of Rs.1499 Plan, which includes Amazon Prime ]

Or

[ Annual Subscription of Rs.1499 plan costing more than it usually does, which includes Amazon Prime too + Free Hardware for yours to own ]

Hope this helps you to make an informed decision.

Also, write an email to the Airtel Customer Care ( [email protected] ), asking them to confirm that the device will be yours post 1 year. That way, you can at least go with the confidence that you have their confirmation in writing.

Here's some perspective.

1) Coverage Of Hardware Cost:

25K (Mesh Plan price) + 4.5K (18% GST) = 29. 5K for the year.

40K (Hardware price on Amazon) - 29.5K = 10.5K = A savings of ~10.5K on hardware

2) Internet Benefits:

Rs.1499 plan for 12 months, which costs:

15290* + 18% GST = 15290 + 2752.2 = 18,042.20

* - - > 15290 is the before GST price of the Rs.1499 plan for 1 year, after an Annual Subscription discount of Rs.2698.

3) Additional Benefit:

Amazon Prime subscription for 1 year, which costs Rs.999.

4) Reading the fine print from your screen shot, it says:

" If you move out of the plan within 1 year, then mesh device will be recovered "

Which could conversely mean, that they would not be recovering the device if you move out of the plan after the 1 year mandate.

So, post the mandate, I am guessing that the device would probably be yours to own.

P. S:
The extra cost incurred (as opposed to the regular Annual Subscription of the Rs.1499 plan) would be:

29500 - 18042.20 = 11,457.80 for the year (after GST)

11,457.80 ÷ 12 = 954.81666666666 per month

So, in essence, you would have to pay an additional amount of Rs.11,457.80 per year or Rs.954.82 per month, in comparison with the Annual Subscription of the Rs.1499 plan.

You can look at this in 2 ways. You would be getting:

[ Hardware at reduced price + Free Annual Subscription of Rs.1499 Plan, which includes Amazon Prime ]

Or

[ Annual Subscription of Rs.1499 plan costing more than it usually does, which includes Amazon Prime too + Free Hardware for yours to own ]

Hope this helps you to make an informed decision.

Also, write an email to the Airtel Customer Care ( [email protected] ), asking them to confirm that the device will be yours post 1 year. That way, you can at least go with the confidence that you have their confirmation in writing.
Good Insight. The 7 benefits are the same as in 1499 plan & I doubt they would provide amazon prime again if one has already claimed.
I had a word with social media team, the lady was confused and then called me back saying the ownership remains with Airtel forever

The sales guy says its not like it, If you’ll read the fine print behind the CAF you will never take the connection. I got the number of the sales person by asking around because I wanted know the model no. of the mesh system and he hasn’t called me back to push the sale or anything.
Both did told me that you can downgrade the plan after an year and take whichever plan that suits u. But say if the 1499 plan comes down to a lower price or a better plan is released at a lower price it cannot be changed till 1 year.

Due to COVID a lot of knowledgeable people are not available in airtel customer care (social media) .
I’ll still write an email.

Its available in Gurgaon since around 10+ days back. 25k annually , linksys velop AC6600 amazon price 40k. Plan offered alongbis 1499 300 mbps with 500gdata. You can take the unlimited data for 299 pm extra as usual. After 1 year one can change the plan if needed.
I am on the same plan & it cost approx 600pm extra if you want to consider it as a rental you are paying for the hardware. Plus you pay upfront.
I am not able to decide If I should be getting it. I already have a powerful router but still a few dead spots due to thick walls.

U8xWURo.jpg

One thing I observed with Linksys mesh routers which I haven't observed with other type mesh routers is the way they do marketing

It's mentioned as AC6600. But its actually AC2200 with total of 3 units. If its a 2 unit package, it's mentioned as AC4400.

While in other brand mesh routers, it's not done like this. If its 2 or 3 router setup, it's just mentioned as AC2200 or AC1300 etc.

Hope I'm clear. Do not confuse this with how the 2200 is arrived at. It's the theoretical sum of all bands a router supports.

ttoJeFm.jpg

gNPhQC4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock