Discussion Airtel wants to increase data prices to ₹100 per GB, Sunil Mittal asks subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Airtel wants to increase data prices to ₹100 per GB, Sunil Mittal asks subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’

Bharti Airtel founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal asked his subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’, hinting that big tariff hikes are coming soon. If you pay ₹45 per month now, your bill could soon more than double to ₹100 per month.

“You either consume 1.6GB of capacity per month either at this price point (₹160) or you may prepare to pay a lot more. This could mean a major tariff hike is coming soon. Currently, Airtel offers 1GB per day for 24 days at ₹199 per month. Going by Mittal’s comments, the data benefits could be reduced by ten times, to just 2.4GB per month.

Airtel wants to increase data prices to ₹100 per GB, Sunil Mittal asks subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’

Bharti Airtel founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal asked his subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’, hinting that big tariff hikes are coming soon. If you pay ₹45 per month now, your bill could soon more than double to ₹100 per month.

“You either consume 1.6GB of capacity per month either at this price point (₹160) or you may prepare to pay a lot more. This could mean a major tariff hike is coming soon. Currently, Airtel offers 1GB per day for 24 days at ₹199 per month. Going by Mittal’s comments, the data benefits could be reduced by ten times, to just 2.4GB per month.

He wants to go back to Rs.250 per GB regime.

Didn't Jio increase prices up to 40% last year after Airtel and VodaIdea? Tariff hike will be gradual like that only, it won't all of a sudden go to Rs 100 per GB and Jio is also desperate to increase rates.

Jio proposes hike in data charges up to ₹20 per GB over next six months
Yes JIO did increase price but They didn't reduce data benefits ..Data benefit was same as before..

JIO will never increase price like Airtel..
As it will impact heavily on data consumption n most importantly it will stop growth of mission Digital India.

Case with Airtel is totally different.. Airtel wants to remove all current 1GB-2Gb daily plans n Want to Send All their Subscribers in the Era of 2G when They used to loot ppl by charging 199-198 for just 2GB 2G GPRS net pack.

Airtel is Big Thug n most greedy company

Just read the Old Interview of Airtel President from 2013 . .they always Cry like this N give same nonsense excuses to Increase Prices..
They are never happy by giving cheaper plans. They never get satisfied with it

Why telcos are increasing tariffs

– 2G Data Plans Not Profitable:
In August 2012, in an interview with MediaNama, K Srinivas, President of Bharti Airtel‘s B2C business unit, had mentioned that telecom operators were losing money on 2G data services, saying that 2G data is underpriced, and significantly underpriced. “…tell me one country in the world which gives you 1GB for $2?

Why Indian Telecom Operators Are Increasing 2G Data Tariffs | MediaNama

Airtel ppl just want More n More n just want to looot n suck ppl by increasing pricing every now n then. Airtel has only One motto...
Give data n services as low as possible & loot ppl n collect money as much as possible

Yes JIO did increase price but They didn't reduce data benefits ..Data benefit was same as before..

JIO will never increase price like Airtel..
As it will impact heavily on data consumption n most importantly it will stop growth of mission Digital India.

Case with Airtel is totally different.. Airtel wants to remove all current 1GB-2Gb daily plans n Want to Send All their Subscribers in the Era of 2G when They used to loot ppl by charging 199-198 for just 2GB 2G GPRS net pack.

Airtel is Big Thug n most greedy company

Just read the Old Interview of Airtel President from 2013 . .they always Cry like this N give same nonsense excuses to Increase Prices..
They are never happy by giving cheaper plans. They never get satisfied with it

Why telcos are increasing tariffs

– 2G Data Plans Not Profitable:
In August 2012, in an interview with MediaNama, K Srinivas, President of Bharti Airtel‘s B2C business unit, had mentioned that telecom operators were losing money on 2G data services, saying that 2G data is underpriced, and significantly underpriced. “…tell me one country in the world which gives you 1GB for $2?

Why Indian Telecom Operators Are Increasing 2G Data Tariffs | MediaNama

Airtel ppl just want More n More n just want to looot n suck ppl by increasing pricing every now n then. Airtel has only One motto...
Give data n services as low as possible & loot ppl n collect money as much as possible
Exactly Golden words 👍😎 .. Jio increasing price true but they compensate .. Ex) Jio introduced Iuc on non Jio calling but they compensate with data benefit 10 per 1 GB more worth including 7rs talktime 😍👍

Yesterday too I did recharge 10rs I got 1 gb voucher as well as 7rs talktime in main balance 😉 .. yes I was against Iuc on introduction period but it's gud for data users & calling also gud with than previous non Jio calling minutes 1000 for 84 days now it's 1000 for 28 days 🙂

Still all this Jio cheaper than Airtel by 60rs in 84 days plan but yeah slow network is the problem but congested bandwidth it's inevitable 😔

Last edited:
So coming days for telecom users aren't gud .. thinking to go 1 year plan though I have only one 84 days plan in queue 🙄

Last edited:
So coming days for telecom users aren't gud .. thinking for going for 1 year plan though I have only one 84 days plan in queue 🙄
They will warn before increasing though.

For years, I have been using yearly plans for Home Broadband and Mobile Phone and it works out economical with no hassle of recharging. Currently on 1498 recharge of Airtel. It also takes care of these price changes but thats a minor benefit according to me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock