Airtel seems to be updating the Postpaid rental plans

• Thread starter Thread starter rAGHu1208
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 1,176
As of now, there seems to be no changes in my 599 plan. Didn't receive any message regarding price hike.

KJiNTKn.jpeg
Same here but they might be doing it in batches. I was hoping for at least 6 months price protection

Dear Customer, The price of your Airtel Postpaid plan, as a part of your Airtel Black connection, has been revised from Rs.698 to Rs.798 Your new Airtel Black rental will be Rs.999 which will reflect in your upcoming bill, effective from 12-Aug'24

Message from airtel

So what's the point of taking postpaid if they can't give grand fathered plans to old users like in US?
They have long back stopped honoring even the Corporate Postpaid connections' tariff plans. I have used Airtel Corporate Postpaid connections for around 20 years. They suddenly changed tariff plans for all numbers from Rs249 (30GB - no daily limit with roll-over of unused data upto 200GB for each number) to Rs299 with same benefits. The Rs50 hike was OK for me, but they have increased the voice only plans used by some (3) old staff from Rs149 to Rs299, that is twice the hike. I asked for Rs199 plan with ZERO data. But they didn't accept. Fed up with their attitude towards even their very old Loyal customers, I changed all numbers to prepaid and recharged with annual plan (around Rs1499) for 2 years each number, which comes to just Rs125 per month. Data users used 50GB top-up over that plan. So Airtel ended up losing more money from us than earlier. Current;y we are in Rs1799 plan, again for 2 years (max recharge validity allowed).

In order to have one postpaid connection with me, I changed my Jio Prepaid to Postpaid Rs199 plan. Even today, Jio is providing 25GB data + Unlimited 5G with this plan. But for how long, I am not sure, after seeing recent moves of Jio.

So if there is no Price Hike protection, there is literally zero sense in continuing Postpaid connection.

Currently telcos are offering price hike protection for just 6 months for postpaid connections. So Annual recharge prepaid packs are any day better than any postpaid plan, especially with the data add-on option.

Same with me.. I am still fighting with customer care and they have no justification for the increase. They have not taken any consent and increased the price from 199 to 249.
I am escalating this as there customer service team only told me that when I was comparing prepaid and postpaid that postpaid plans can't be changed.

Back
Top Bottom