Airtel leads for its data speeds, Reliance Jio leads for LTE availability: OpenSignal

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Bharti Airtel has topped all of OpenSignal’s speed rankings where it emerged as the leading operator when it comes to 4G and 3G speeds. The telco’s LTE download speed is at 11.5 Mbps, which is 3 Mbps faster than the results measured on its nearest rivals Vodafone and and Idea, a report by OpenSignal revealed.

The UK-based analytics company declared
Reliance Jio as the leading operator for LTE availability. The testers on Jio's network were able to find a 4G signal 91.6% of the times where no other Indian operator scored higher than 60% in the availability tests.

Bharti Airtel: Bharti Airtel leads for its data speeds, Reliance Jio leads for LTE availability: OpenSignal report, Telecom News, ET Telecom

thisisjagan said:
Now Airtel bribed Open Signal huh??? It's clear Trai data is incorrect and tampered...

lol bro, we know you love Airtel & hate jio as you don't get good speed. But see the dates of the survey too. Dec 16 to Feb 17. TRAI data is just the data of all speed tests done on their app, maybe airtel users use only ookla speedtest and opensignal so they are getting good speeds there & not in TRAI test :lol

Prathamesh said:
lol bro, we know you love Airtel & hate jio as you don't get good speed. But see the dates of the survey too. Dec 16 to Feb 17. TRAI data is just the data of all speed tests done on their app, maybe airtel users use only ookla speedtest and opensignal so they are getting good speeds there & not in TRAI test :lol
+1 bro! Even I'm using Airtel in my city at every point I visit city I get a poor speed as compared to Jio. After, complaining so much now I'm getting Airtel 4G Network but, no 4G speed. :'( My money of postpaid connection is just wasting :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not I love airtel and I hate Jio. It's getting clear every day that Trai is favorable to Jio. Even if you love or hate airtel, you have to accept this.

I use jio 4g and airtel 3g and I get twice of speed in airtel 3g than jio4g in my house :s

thisisjagan said:
Now Airtel bribed Open Signal huh??? It's clear Trai data is incorrect and tampered...

It's not that TRAI's data is incorrect or tampered. People like Ritesh bro is doing multiple test clocked at 75 Mbps+ on Jio's network whereas when I test I get hardly 1 Mbps so I give up. But people like Ritesh Bro is doing multiple test as he is enjoying the speed where as people like me are not doing any test at all. So there are small number of people who are doing disproportionately high number of test clocked at high speed and pressed the send button in TRAI app. So Now if you take average then it's obvious that average will be high as you have very high number of test done at very high speed.

One thing we can do is that press send button only when you get low speed so that Govt gets clear idea about base speed of each operator and i am following this now. I have personally experienced this in my area. Earlier when I used to hit send button when speed of Voda 3G is very high i mean close to 12-14 Mbps which gives average speed 6.5 Mbps of voda 3G higher than 4G of airtel and Jio but when i started to hit send button when there are low 3G speed of Voda 3G now scenario has changed completely within 2 months. Now according to TRAI app in my area vodafone 3G hardly reaches 1.5 Mbps(from earlier 6.5 Mbps) way slower than other operators.

Not sure why Airtel leads only in speed results released by private agencies but not that of TRAI [emoji1]

Anyways Jio was free until last few days so I am expecting speeds would improve once it becomes totally paid.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock