Airtel launches 4G in Uttar Pradesh; to extend service in 200 plus towns

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
India’s largest telecom operator, Bharti Airtel on Thursday launched its 4G services in Uttar Pradesh.

The telco has rolled out its service in Lucknow, Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Allahabad, Agra, Aligarh, Bulandshahar, Hapur, Mathura, Modinagar, Muzzafarnagar and Meerut, and will be extending its 4G services in 200 plus towns in coming months.

Bharti Mittal-owned company said that it has rolled out its 4G services in UP using FD LTE technology in the 1800 Mhz band.

The telco is offering free one-time 2GB free 4G data with upgrade to U-SIM. Airtel had also introduced 4G offer for pre-paid customers where they can avail 10 GB 4G data for Rs 249 in UPW & Rs 255 in UPE with every new 4G mobile handset. Under the offer, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by customers by sending the SMS to the operator.
The company is offering monthly plans for 4G devices starting from Rs 450 and advance rental plans starting from Rs 4500.

“We are delighted to launch our 4G services in Uttar Pradesh. Our valued customers can now upgrade to 4G, free of cost and enjoy a high speed mobile broadband experience on the Airtel network. With the launch, customers can also look forward to exciting data offers, and choose from a host of affordable tariff plans that offer great value,” said Shailendra Singh, CEO – Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Bharti Airtel.

The launch of Airtel 4G in UP is a part of Project Leap for which the company will invest a sum of Rs 60000 crores over the next three years. Airtel 4G service is now available in 21 circles across India.

Airtel launches 4G in Uttar Pradesh; to extend service in 200 plus towns - ET Telecom

Bapun Raz said:
Congrats bro. Hope it will increase with time.
Bro, tell me something.. it is mentioned that they are launching 4g using 1800 MHz band.
Few days back u said that to get max speed i should use 2300 MHz band in other thread.
So, does it mean Airtel 4g speed in UP will be compromised due to this?
Please explain as am very much curious about this..

rtz2042 said:
Bro, tell me something.. it is mentioned that they are launching 4g using 1800 MHz band.
Few days back u said that to get max speed i should use 2300 MHz band in other thread.
So, does it mean Airtel 4g speed in UP will be compromised due to this?
Please explain as am very much curious about this..
That's true actually bro. Airtel UP speed can't match with 2300 mhz band state/cities speeds. Unless and until they deploy some new tech which gives more speed on lower bands too. Though i still feel even with these 1800 mhz bands you will get better speed than jio. (Jio speed is not so good hence said this thing)

Bapun Raz said:
That's true actually bro. Airtel UP speed can't match with 2300 mhz band state/cities speeds. Unless and until they deploy some new tech which gives more speed on lower bands too. Though i still feel even with these 1800 mhz bands you will get better speed than jio. (Jio speed is not so good hence said this thing)
That we will see in coming days..
Don't know whether there is less congestion or what, am getting amazing speeds on jio. In daytime, its between 10 to 25 mbps and at night and early morning, its between 40 to 60 mbps.
Will share all the updates, once Airtel starts in full flow.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock