Airtel is testing Standalone 5G service using its existing 4G spectrum

• Thread starter Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 32
  • Views Views: Views 2,361
Still B40 is Huawei in my area and most of the North Chennai areas
All the sites in my location is now pure Ericsson, my area site is now aggregating all the bands and aggregating neighbour sites as well due to over shooting, still optimization needed. In 5G it's now B3+B40+n78 earlier it was B3+B1+n78 which was better. Even after upgrading TDD to ericsson it's signal optimisation is still sh#t.

All the sites in my location is now pure Ericsson, my area site is now aggregating all the bands and aggregating neighbour sites as well due to over shooting, still optimization needed. In 5G it's now B3+B40+n78 earlier it was B3+B1+n78 which was better. Even after upgrading TDD to ericsson it's signal optimisation is still sh#t.
Ericsson FDD-TDD CA isn't optimised. B40 contributes single digit speeds only even in best signal. 3-1 works good everywhere

Ericsson FDD-TDD CA isn't optimised. B40 contributes single digit speeds only even in best signal. 3-1 works good everywhere
Ya, there is a major ping difference between tdd and fdd even after upgradation. I think tdd is still running in old degraded Huawei configs. I remember when fdd was upgraded it was optimised after few months which made it better. This is under utilisation of B40.

Check again mostly 1,3 on same eNB range and 8,40 on other only first digit will be different
Ya, earlier huawei tdd enb alone was 90xxxx and Ericsson fdd was 70xxxx after 5G deployed fdd got changed to 60xxxx, now after upgrading tdd also got changed straight to 60xxxx. All bands enb now starts with 60xxxx from all the sites in my place.

Ya, earlier huawei tdd enb alone was 90xxxx and Ericsson fdd was 70xxxx after 5G deployed fdd got changed to 60xxxx, now after upgrading tdd also got changed straight to 60xxxx. All bands enb now starts with 60xxxx from all the sites in my place.
Check other sites when u roam mostly it'll be different eNB only. Have 2 pure Ericsson sites here in my area also both have different eNB for 1,3 and different for 8,40

DSS is a workaround which is like a compromise and reduces the performance and efficiency of both 4G and 5G network. Nothing beats a dedicated standalone network.
Jio has the resources to just buy more spectrum in 1800 and 2100 MHz bands to use for 5G as and when the need arises. And the 2300 MHz band will also eventually be refarmed for 5G as and when the usage shifts from 4G to 5G.
Time already has came. Jio speeds are less than. 300-400Mbps.

Back
Top Bottom