Airtel increases 2G and 3G data rates

Anirudha Das said:
Why good move :huh

3G and 4G spectrum auction happened in 2010. Govt got more than 1 lakh crore or US$18 billion (from both 3G and 4G). What we get after 4 years ? 3G not available in most of part of India. I mean 90% people are outside the coverage of 3G area. Where 3G is available u don't get the speed(practically 5Mbps+ as theoretically 3G can go 21.1mbps ) as there are less numbers of towers. Better not to talk about 4G as only Airtel has deployed it in 5 - 6 cities, even after 4 years Reliance, Aircel, Videocon need another 2 years to deploy their 4G network. Why all these happened ? It's because operators lost all their money in bidding for spectrum. Now they don't have money to deploy 3G network. So if they got some money by raising price & making profit then they will use that money to deploy the new network and upgrade the existing network so that 3G speed increase. We need mobile broadband(3G or 4G) as wired broadband(DSL) is a failed idea in India because of the vast area of India.

Perhaps I have no problem to spent Rs. 500 for 3G but I want service like 3G right now in my city Full Speed 2G means 3G, companies are fooling people by the name of speed until and unless they don't provide speed all hiking price are unjustify.

Whenever I go to my village I was very disappointed to see as there is no 3G(forget 4G) from any operators available there though there are 6 Indian mobile operators available who only provide 2G internet. BSNL broadband is available here @2Mbps max but most of the time(sometimes few weeks) it remains down and nobody fix it after raising a complain:wall
But the interesting thing is that there are 2 Bangladeshi operator(Aktel and Banglalink) from cross border whose strong 3G signal is available here but we cannot use that signal.:'(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock