Airtel discontinues data rollover facility for broadband customers; Prepaid, postpaid users can still avail it

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Airtel has done away with its data rollover facility for broadband and mobile prepaid customers. Gadgets 360 has learnt that the new development comes into place just earlier this month. However, Airtel mobile postpaid customers can still avail the data rollover facility to carry forward their unused data to the next billing cycle. The New Delhi-headquartered telco back in July 2017 launched the "Data Roll Over Promise" to carry forward the leftover data of its postpaid subscribers from the previous billing cycle to the current billing cycle. Months after its debut for Airtel postpaid subscribers, the facility reached broadband and prepaid customers.

An Airtel customer care executive told Gadgets 360 that the data rollover facility that was launched for broadband customers back in November 2017, following its arrival for postpaid customers, has been removed formally earlier this month. Similarly, another executive confirmed that the data rollover facility has been pulled for Airtel prepaid customers.

Update: Prepaid customers can still the data rollover by recharging with an appropriate plan.

Airtel No Longer Offers Data Rollover for Broadband Customers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i did notice this 10 or 15 days back while checking broadband plans, even other benefits removed or reduced. In a way it is fine, they had brought about all these to counter Jio Fiber but now it is not needed as competitor plans are not a thing to worry about

Yes i did notice this 10 or 15 days back while checking broadband plans, even other benefits removed or reduced. In a way it is fine, they had brought about all these to counter Jio Fiber but now it is not needed as competitor plans are not a thing to worry about
What about the prepaid customers? No notification nothing. Now what am I supposed to do with 25 GB unused data which expires in 3 days. If notification on same isn't sent until expiration then I will recharge and then take legal action them.

X1or1ZQ.jpg

Not NDTV's fault. These local executives are untrained. Can't even speak proper English and Mittal says Airtel is a premium network.

Note : Incase my post wasn't clear. Data got extended. If we recharge with ₹48 and ₹98 on prepaid numbers. Data does indeed gets extended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock