• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,031

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The vulnerability was found on the Airtel app's API and was exposed to exploitation by malicious parties. The flaw allowed access to personal data like user name, email, residential address, IMEI number of the device in user, and more with just the mobile number. Airtel says that the vulnerability has been fixed as soon as it got to know about the issue.

The security flaw on the Airtel mobile app was spotted by a security researcher, Ehraz Ahmed, based in Bengaluru. BBC reported that he took 15 minutes to find the flaw on the Airtel app. The researcher notes that the email of the users could also have been exposed and made it prone to spamming and other such targeted attacks.

Airtel Confirms Mobile App Security Flaw Exposed User Data Of Millions

Airtel's mobile app flaw exposes data of 32 crore subscribers

Hi all i saw happened to see the above news wanted to confirm its this is correct

And not sure but today morning i received an update as well
I was getting error please update mobile number on airtel xstream box ..airtel_presence from Twitter tried helping it did not help

But this morning i recived an update and after that airtel presence called again and did some troubleshooting and then things started working ...

Not sure if update is releated to the news article and airtel may have put some fix now ..though not sure

Airtel's mobile app flaw exposes data of 32 crore subscribers

Hi all i saw happened to see the above news wanted to confirm its this is correct

And not sure but today morning i received an update as well
I was getting error please update mobile number on airtel xstream box ..airtel_presence from Twitter tried helping it did not help

But this morning i recived an update and after that airtel presence called again and did some troubleshooting and then things started working ...

Not sure if update is releated to the news article and airtel may have put some fix now ..though not sure
No, the flaw and that update both are not related to each other. The person who found this flaw first reported it to Airtel. He released his findings to public only after Airtel fixed that flaw.

Security Flaw in Airtel - Ehraz Ahmed

Last edited:
No, the flaw and that update both are not related to each other. The person who found this flaw first reported it to Airtel. He released his findings to public only after Airtel fixed that flaw.

Security Flaw in Airtel - Ehraz Ahmed
Ok if airtel ack there was flaw and fixed they would have rolled out a fix to us ? did we recieve any update before itself for the fix.. then before this update? this is first update i recieved on Xstream box since september Good if they had a change log published it would help users on what changed instead of assumption ..but i ahd issue and it seems to have been fixed now after update and refresh by the airtel presence so i thought it's related ignore it it does not make sense

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock