Breaking Airtel announces revised mobile tariffs (July 2024)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 72
  • Views: Views 5,718
Buddy, either you are really not understanding it or just doesn't want to understand it. If there is any additional benefits then yes they can list the same pack twice. But if you look at the screenshot (from My Airtel app) below both packs are offering the same benefits and validity. If you want to defend airtel by saying additional benefits will be added post the recharge, I would still say it is a shady practice. They should mention it on the listing itself.

My aunt has a Vi number which I help her with the recharges and in the Vi app it would show the additional benefits which you are talking about. Like, more data or addional days etc. So, it will also list same pack twice but one of the pack will have "just for you" banner and show the additional benefits or discounts etc. Check 2nd screenshot below. That would be the better way of showing things. If Vi has the technology to do this, Airtel surely can.

I believe these things never catch your attention as you are exclusively loyal to airtel for the past 20 years and never used other networks. So you might not know how others operate and just believe whatever airtel does is the right way.

Screenshot-20240703-133522-3.png

Screenshot-20240704-072030.png

Dada firstly let me clearly state that i did not state even once regarding whether this is best way to list out special plans or not.

My first major objection was the fact with members like @Ashok Varma bro without understanding the information properly just blaming airtel and saying the dual listing of plan was a bug

Secondly i completely agree with u that they should add a "special offer for u" tag on these discounted or extra validity / benefits plans which r offered to different customers . Let me also state that i though start getting messages from airtel as my current prepaid plan is about to expire and it clearly mentions all details so there is no question of confusion, like i got a message that i will get 84 days validity with Rs. 395 plan hence did recharge with the same and previously too as i had stated i get messages about such plans which i then compare with listed plans on Airtel App to compare benefits but again i am firmly of the opinion that they should list out such special plans with a tag highlighting the same on the app itself so as to further help their customers know or opt for such plans

Actually as i said there r 2 types of special plans, one in which u shall receive SMS which shall have amount being the same but extra validity days being offered in the same and on Airtel App too such plans would be listed while in second case u may see discounted pricing plans offering same benefits as regular plans which again r listed on Airtel app

Airtel is confuses consumers in the name of premium, loyalty. TRAI should not allow segmented offers

Oh so if airtel provides such segmented offers then they r wrong but if others do then they r great ad still airtel is wrong....sorry buddy but just finding ways to criticise airtel for no actual reason is not a proper way to discuss things, one should have a balanced viewpoint based on facts thereby applauding or highlighting shortcomings of a cpmpany based on it.

Anyways if u still think Airtel stands to be wrong doing this then u can complaint to TRAI but all i can say is that they will dismiss ur complaint as this point raised by you is actually not any issue or wrong practice

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock