Breaking Airtel announces revised mobile tariffs (July 2024)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 72
  • Views: Views 5,731
It may or may not be a bug but it is definitely an inefficient way of displaying the packs to their loyal customers. Even I am been with them for 19 loyal years and I also see both 479 as well as 509 packs. That is not the right way to provide discounted packs. They should just have 1 pack listed as 509 with the price slashed and mentioned as 479. It is useless to list 2 packs with same benefits but with 2 different price points. If they want to give me discount and offer the pack at 479 then the 509 pack should be removed from my listing. They definitely have the technology to do that. Infact, they have done that before for me. This time they failed. That's it. Let's accept and move on.
Airtel have dual mind, one is to match tariffs with top telco Jio and other one is set premium tariff for their so called premium service.

It may or may not be a bug but it is definitely an inefficient way of displaying the packs to their loyal customers. Even I am been with them for 19 loyal years and I also see both 479 as well as 509 packs. That is not the right way to provide discounted packs. They should just have 1 pack listed as 509 with the price slashed and mentioned as 479. It is useless to list 2 packs with same benefits but with 2 different price points. If they want to give me discount and offer the pack at 479 then the 509 pack should be removed from my listing. They definitely have the technology to do that. Infact, they have done that before for me. This time they failed. That's it. Let's accept and move on.

Dada i think u r mixing up 2 different things....let me try to once more elaborate on this

So basically say there is a Rs. 329 plan which gives validity of 56 days so it will be listed just once but for select customers it will show some more validity or it may show same validity on Airtel app but u will receive SMS which shall mention more number of validity days for this denomination.

Now there are separate special plans which r visible on Airtel App only to select customers so under these plans customer gets additional/different customised benefits which regular plans do not offer.

So there is no duplication but separate type of regular and special plans listed on Airtel App which a customer can choose from.

Unfortunately some members just mae fun of Airtel and Disney-Star fpr everything they do without even understanding the context or even what i or other members r discussing about :(

Airtel have dual mind, one is to match tariffs with top telco Jio and other one is set premium tariff for their so called premium service.

Buddy Do u know there is a thing called loyalty rewards which even premium companies offer so it is not just Airtel but such strategy is key part of business model for all companies.....this is a way of valuing, respecting the bond between company and customer + prioritising the fact that company is focused to provide best services to customers and expressing gratitude towards them for being part of their family all this while as it continues to grow/succeed

Dada i think u r mixing up 2 different things....let me try to once more elaborate on this

So basically say there is a Rs. 329 plan which gives validity of 56 days so it will be listed just once but for select customers it will show some more validity or it may show same validity on Airtel app but u will receive SMS which shall mention more number of validity days for this denomination.

Now there are separate special plans which r visible on Airtel App only to select customers so under these plans customer gets additional/different customised benefits which regular plans do not offer.

So there is no duplication but separate type of regular and special plans listed on Airtel App which a customer can choose from.

Unfortunately some members just mae fun of Airtel and Disney-Star fpr everything they do without even understanding the context or even what i or other members r discussing about :(

Buddy, either you are really not understanding it or just doesn't want to understand it. If there is any additional benefits then yes they can list the same pack twice. But if you look at the screenshot (from My Airtel app) below both packs are offering the same benefits and validity. If you want to defend airtel by saying additional benefits will be added post the recharge, I would still say it is a shady practice. They should mention it on the listing itself.

My aunt has a Vi number which I help her with the recharges and in the Vi app it would show the additional benefits which you are talking about. Like, more data or addional days etc. So, it will also list same pack twice but one of the pack will have "just for you" banner and show the additional benefits or discounts etc. Check 2nd screenshot below. That would be the better way of showing things. If Vi has the technology to do this, Airtel surely can.

I believe these things never catch your attention as you are exclusively loyal to airtel for the past 20 years and never used other networks. So you might not know how others operate and just believe whatever airtel does is the right way.

Screenshot-20240703-133522-3.png

Screenshot-20240704-072030.png

Buddy Do u know there is a thing called loyalty rewards which even premium companies offer so it is not just Airtel but such strategy is key part of business model for all companies.....this is a way of valuing, respecting the bond between company and customer + prioritising the fact that company is focused to provide best services to customers and expressing gratitude towards them for being part of their family all this while as it continues to grow/succeed
Airtel is confuses consumers in the name of premium, loyalty. TRAI should not allow segmented offers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock