Breaking Airtel announces revised mobile tariffs (July 2024)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 72
  • Views: Views 5,731
It's look like Airtel revised old plans into new plan pricing if you recharge with similar plans like i don't use 5g much so i recharged with Rs 519 plan on 28 June for 1.5 gb per day for 60 days later yesterday i did same recharged on 2 July for 60 days,

Airtel do have before 519 1.5 per day unlimited 5g plan but now it revised with +100 = 619 Rs valid 60 days with no 5G unlimited data.

I had dig something in the new plans by Airtel
  1. RS 379 Plan fr 1 month - 2GB per day = 2GB X 30 Days = 60GB - you only have 60 gb for 1 month.
  2. RS 609 Plan for 1 month - Fixed data will be 2GB per day = 60GB - you also have 60GB for 1 month .
What does it mean to take higher price for fixed data which is same 60GB giving benefits as RS 379 for 1 month. If you had recharge for Rs 609 for only 60 GB fixed data with 300 sms, you fallen in airtel trap with extra Rs 230 for only benefits found 100 sms per days lol in RS 379 plan.
Be careful in recharging with maximum plans with much lower data were giving by them

What i saw in the my airtel thanks app, airtel has shown banner in the app, Plan pricing revised into 619 Rs for 1.5 gb per day with extended validity up to Oct with no 5G data unlimited as new condition apply maximum 2GB per day plans need for surfing unlimited plan that cheating with customer i think.

Here my plan what it says
  1. RS 519 before 3 July = 1.5gb per day for 60 days = 1.5 GB x 60 days = 90 GB with 100 sms per day
  2. Rs 619 now after 3 July = 1.5gb per day for 60 days = 1.5 GB x 60 days = 90 GB with 10 sms per day
In this price, For 4G users it's good for 90GB data for 60 days. This plan is only for 4GB users. Coz, you are just spending 100+ in your before plan in your budget.

1. For 2GB users as per new Plan - RS 649 = 2GB per day for 56 Days = 112 GB ( 28 days per month plans with less 2 days) - having unlimited data only benefits you otherwise, 112GB in 2 GB per day which in comparison with 60 days plan ( 2 days extra) like 3GB extra + 90GB = 93 GB - 112GB for 2GB per day plan = Benefits 5G users only 22GB also having unlimited access
  2. Yes, You still having benefits in recharging 2GB per days for using unlimited if you have 5G supported phone otherwise go with 4G 1.5 gb per also value of money,

While i'm waiting for if Vi plans will be following the same thing let me post tomorrow ok!

Tell me guyz about what's your plans active says in Airtel and Jio? What's your thoughts about your current plans in Jio | Airtel | Vi

Last edited:
You will get a price protection fir some months then they shall change automatically
CC had confirmed that but didn't say for how many months it will continue. Jio postpaid, however, is going on with the long removed 199 plan for over 1 year

Airtel's another bug like DTH packs 😡

Buddy instead of just poking fun at Airtel for everything they do request u to first please get complete information and then make a comment about related topic.

Anyways coming back to topic of discussion,,on Airtel App each customer will see regular prepaid plans + special account specific discounted plans available to various customers wherein customer gets a plan at lower price compared to its original cost.....like i got 84 days validity in Rs. 395 recharge which i did day before yesterday although for regular customers it offers just 70 days validity while other benefits remain same similarly i can see many such plans listed on Airtel App and i also get text messages about such special plans.

This is a not a bug but a way of Airtel thanking its loyal customers and valuing the relationship/trust which is a really good thing to do :)

This is a not a bug
It is certainly a bug. If airtel wishes to give discounts for loyal customers, why should they allow recharging with the regular price for the same privileged customers? The regular plan should be replaced with the discounted one. Never display two plans with exactly same benefits but with different amount and confuse customers.

As of now the Airtel thanks app shows the same benefits in ₹479 and ₹509 plan

its's not bug similar showing in the app, i think airtel wants to tell users which plans having benefits like unlimited calls if you had unlimted calls plans while if you have smaller recharge plan with limited data with no calls so it will shown data.

Buddy instead of just poking fun at Airtel for everything they do request u to first please get complete information and then make a comment about related topic.

Anyways coming back to topic of discussion,,on Airtel App each customer will see regular prepaid plans + special account specific discounted plans available to various customers wherein customer gets a plan at lower price compared to its original cost.....like i got 84 days validity in Rs. 395 recharge which i did day before yesterday although for regular customers it offers just 70 days validity while other benefits remain same similarly i can see many such plans listed on Airtel App and i also get text messages about such special plans.

This is a not a bug but a way of Airtel thanking its loyal customers and valuing the relationship/trust which is a really good thing to do :)

It may or may not be a bug but it is definitely an inefficient way of displaying the packs to their loyal customers. Even I am been with them for 19 loyal years and I also see both 479 as well as 509 packs. That is not the right way to provide discounted packs. They should just have 1 pack listed as 509 with the price slashed and mentioned as 479. It is useless to list 2 packs with same benefits but with 2 different price points. If they want to give me discount and offer the pack at 479 then the 509 pack should be removed from my listing. They definitely have the technology to do that. Infact, they have done that before for me. This time they failed. That's it. Let's accept and move on.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock