a new Core i9 featuring 10-12 cores and even more

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Forget Core i7, there is a new top dog in town
A slide has leaked describing Intel’s new generation of processors, targetted for later this year.
Based on the LGA2066 socket, the new platform will support DDR4 memory and include six, eight and ten core CPU.
It will apparently include both lower-end Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X variants and be code-named Basin Falls.
Reportedly it will include a new Core i9 variant in both versions featuring 10-12 cores and even more PCIe lanes.

Sarkar said:
Useless, Intel is on the verge of becoming another blackberry in tech world. instead of going for power efficiency in today's mobile world they are running for power hungry higher core.   :dodgy

Sarkar bro, there are many 3d and vfx related works which are based on cpu, and not graphic card. Powerful cpus with more cores are always welcome and power efficiency is not that much considered. More cores means more raw power, and more power means less time taken to complete the renders.
I would say that these high-end cpus are for professional usage only and for home use they have i3 series cpus which consume almost half the power than these monsters.
And i don't know why you compared intel with blackberry. Intel is one and only company to provide such cpus. I know Amd is also existing but it is nowhere near Intel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel Core i9 Versus AMD Threadripper: Massive Summer CPU War Is Coming
The high-end desktop market looks set for a massive showdown this summer between Intel and AMD. The former is set to release its new X299 platform and the latest rumors point at up to six Core i9 and Core i7 CPUs sporting up to 12 cores as it looks set to replace its current X99 platform

AMD on the other hand had already shown part of its hand, by announcing Threadripper - an entirely new range of CPUs based on its Zen microarchitecture that will sit above the  Ryzen 7 series. These will have up to 16 cores and if current rumors are anything to go by, AMD is planning a top to bottom range with nine CPUs with 10, 12, 14 and 16 cores.
Intel
Core-i9-1200x294.jpg

Amd
threadripper-1-1200x334.jpg

Ritesh said:
Sarkar bro, there are many 3d and vfx related works which are based on cpu, and not graphic card. Powerful cpus with more cores are always welcome and power efficiency is not that much considered. More cores means more raw power, and more power means less time taken to complete the renders.
I would say that these high-end cpus are for professional usage only and for home use they have i3 series cpus which consume almost half the power than these monsters.
And i don't know why you compared intel with blackberry. Intel is one and only company to provide such cpus. I know Amd is also existing but it is nowhere near Intel.

Absolutely true bro. But if you focus only limited professional people and ignore demands of mass market of common people then you cannot survive in industry. Blackberry is the perfect example of this. They focus only on enterprise people from the start but look where they are.

Intel is doing the same. They already lost in mobile space and sum of USD 10 Billion which it invested and on top of it it's biggest partner microsoft has just announced that Windows 10 will run on ARM and have demonstrated it on Qualcomm 835 SOC.

So ultimately Intel's market will decrease further. So can you run a company only on professional and server Market? Only time will tell. Personally I don't think they can survive unless they gain market share in consumer products also.

Sarkar said:
Absolutely true bro. But if you focus only limited professional people and ignore demands of mass market of common people then you cannot survive in industry. Blackberry is the perfect example of this. They focus only on enterprise people from the start but look where they are.

Intel is doing the same. They already lost in mobile space and sum of USD 10 Billion which it invested and on top of it it's biggest partner microsoft has just announced that Windows 10 will run on ARM and have demonstrated it on Qualcomm 835 SOC.

So ultimately Intel's market will decrease further. So can you run a company only on professional and server Market? Only time will tell. Personally I don't think they can survive unless they gain market share in consumer products also.

Bro, they have never ignored home users and that is the reason we still have low end i3 and dual core processors still available and am very much sure they will never ignore this segment.
You also must have heard about Intel's stick pc. I am not remembering the exact name but it costs around 10k and you just need to connect it to the monitor. You can carry your pc in your pocket. I will search and update the name.
So, Blackberry indeed did this mistake but Intel will never do this.

Biggest problem is, who is buying pc? Sells are already declining where as sells of smartphones and tablets are rising steadily. And android has just overtook windows in terms of worldwide usage. And almost all android runs on ARM.

Ritesh said:
Bro, they have never ignored home users and that is the reason we still have low end i3 and dual core processors still available and am very much sure they will never ignore this segment.
You also must have heard about Intel's stick pc. I am not remembering the exact name but it costs around 10k and you just need to connect it to the monitor. You can carry your pc in your pocket. I will search and update the name.
So, Blackberry indeed did this mistake but Intel will never do this.
Bro, its Intel Compute Stick
Amazon link

Intel introduced the new Intel® Core™ X-series processor family on May 30, 2017. Intel’s most scalable, accessible and powerful desktop platform ever, it includes the new Intel® Core™ i9 processor brand and the Intel® Core™ i9 Extreme Edition processor – the first consumer desktop CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads of power. The company also introduced the Intel® X299, which adds even more I/O and overclocking capabilities.

Intel Core X-Series Processors | Intel Newsroom - Intel introduced the new Intel® Core™ X-series processor family on May 30, 2017. Intel’s most sca...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock