5G on Google Pixel Phones in India

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 7,687
k8o3VQy.jpg

Current situation of Me.​

Last edited:
Does anyone know a solution for Pixel 6a switching from 5G to 4G, even in good signal areas outdoors? I turned Flight mode on/off, it shows 5G for few seconds, then latches to 4G again.

Happening a lot with Jio (eSIM). Issue little less on Airtel (physical sim).

I have faced the same issue. 5G coverage of Pixels are very bad and if it is for eSim, the problem is too big. Avoid using eSIM for 5G network. Primary / Physical Sim is better for 5G.

Another reason Airtel's 5G is having better coverage is "most of the times Pixels connect to n1 or n3 (depending on circles - whichever spectrum is having min 15MHz of bandwidth) and not n78 band and just shows as 5G.

Best Solution is using 2 separate phones (especially Jio to be used in better phone) like me. If it is not possible, just switch eSims - Airtel to eSim and Jio to Primary / Physical Sim. But still 5G coverage of Pixel 6a will suk for sure. If 5G is NOT a must and you want better coverage and as a result better battery life as well, just select Prefered network to 4G /LTE, instead of 5G.

Last edited:
5G is nice to have, prefer 4G network. Wanted to make good use of unlimited 5G till it ends, but now looks like that is a distant dream now 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock