5G on Google Pixel Phones in India

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 7,681
Here is an update on the bug report.

macxQvZ.png

my personal rant:

this will be my last pixel phone (6a) after the 3a. Though I am on the beta and have got jio 5g, I am just sick of the obscure bugs and service levels of Google when things go wrong. I think they have really dropped the ball on enabling 5g for India where all other manufacturers have done better. Sad part is for I am yet to find an android manufacturer that will be good for me. I am not fond of iphone because of its many limitations, though I used it prev. and still use a mac.

My 3a for a long time would face a problem of some calls getting auto disconnected.

Not worth it in my opinion at the price points they sell.

Update available for Pixel 7 now. And yes worth it for 32k but the question is where can you get it for such a low price?
There are tons of shops available in Bandra and Andheri where it was available last week. Only that green tint colour.

There are tons of shops available in Bandra and Andheri where it was available last week. Only that green tint colour.
Send me the shop location or number in DM. I might change from 6a to 7 for 90hz and better 5G modem.

@k939

On latest QPR beta, 5G signal strength is extremely extremely poor. I don't know if that is cosmetic or an issue with the device. Some pixel fapboys on xda told me to piss off because their Google Overlords can do no wrong. But I think that Pixel 6 series (6, 6a and Pro) have bottom of the barrel Exynos 5G modem and they haven't even bothered to tune it to S20/S21 levels like Samsung when it comes to 5G performance. Maybe Google was so reluctant to release Jio 5G support for Pixel devices in India and they are still delaying the update as much as they can as they just can't figure out things.

Last edited:
Send me the shop location or number in DM. I might change from 6a to 7 for 90hz and better 5G modem.

@k939

On latest QPR beta, 5G signal strength is extremely extremely poor. I don't know if that is cosmetic or an issue with the device. Some pixel fapboys on xda told me to piss off because their Google Overlords can do no wrong. But I think that Pixel 6 series (6, 6a and Pro) have bottom of the barrel Exynos 5G modem and they haven't even bothered to tune it to S20/S21 levels like Samsung when it comes to 5G performance. Maybe Google was so reluctant to release Jio 5G support for Pixel devices in India and they are still delaying the update as much as they can as they just can't figure out things.
i know the temptation to buy another device, (myslef bought the 6a after bad 3a experience)
but i would refrain after seeing how bad Google's QC is. I have had the pixel buds, 3a as well as 6a. If you get a hardware defect, i don't know what type of service you will receive. Specially the Andheri ones are black market imports. They do not count as Indian models I suppose. <AndroidFreak may know better>

Google CS is non existent. you get automated bots and firangi CS on chat who simply do a shoddy job. (personally experienced with the buds).

With these forums, be it reddit or xda, I have seen that these western folks can't digest opinions or questions coming from Indians. I have seen that heavily on reddit. They are incapable to see beyond their world view.

but i would refrain after seeing how bad Google's QC is.
Very true, I am never going to buy another pixel after bad experience of this.

It's better to buy Poco F4 and install custom ROMs, not sure how these small team can manage such a wonderful ROM but Google with huge setup can't produce better bug free experience.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock