• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 7,684

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
In an official statement sent out to us, Google assures that a 5G-enabling OTA update is coming sometime in Q1 2023. The initial timeline for this was December, but Google clearly missed it.

The beta update pushed to Pixel 6a enables 5G but data crawls at 64kbps when connected to 5G network. No issues on 4G network though.

I installed the beta and am on postpaid. Still no 5g offer from jio. Did anyone get the offer on pixel yet?
I used iPhone to get the offer on the sim I would be using on Pixel 6a. However, the poor QPR beta 2 makes hell out of using 5G at crawling speeds and 5G signal strength is cut more than 90% even after standing in front of the tower. 5G signal strenght is always -110dBm which is unusable. Hoping next beta solves the issue.

I used iPhone to get the offer on the sim I would be using on Pixel 6a. However, the poor QPR beta 2 makes hell out of using 5G at crawling speeds and 5G signal strength is cut more than 90% even after standing in front of the tower. 5G signal strenght is always -110dBm which is unusable. Hoping next beta solves the issue.
Oh. Got it.
Google has been really slow in their 5g support rollout. Other manufacturers seem to have done a way better job in rolling it out in India.

One question: How does Jio inform users that 5g is activated? Sms or through app?

I have updated my Pixel 6a to Beta and 5G got enabled. But only Airtel 5G is working. Jio doesn't recognize Pixel 6a as supported device. So have to wait till main s/w update to get 5G in Jio.

But I have no issues in 5G speed though. Got 300Mbps speed in Airtel 5G in Nagpur.

I have updated my Pixel 6a to Beta and 5G got enabled. But only Airtel 5G is working. Jio doesn't recognize Pixel 6a as supported device. So have to wait till main s/w update to get 5G in Jio.

But I have no issues in 5G speed though. Got 300Mbps speed in Airtel 5G in Nagpur.
Did you try inserting 5G plan activated Jio sim in Pixel? I do get 5G logo but internet crawls and speedtest does not even complete.

@d5aqoep I am using Airtel (physical SIM) and one temporary Jio number (eSIM) in Pixel 6a. For that Jio sim, I opened my Jio app to get welcome offer, but Jio rejected my phone saying this phone needs update to get 5G enabled. My main Jio number / SIM with welcome offer going on is in Moto G62.

I am not going to use that SIM in Pixel 6a, as Airtel is getting 5G there without any issues.

Except 5G in next or next to next update in Pixel 7. By March 2023 in stable update

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock