2G scam: Uninor not quitting India

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
2G scam: Uninor not quitting India

hl3gM.jpg

BHUBANESWAR: Mobile service provider Uninor, hit by the Supreme Court verdict cancelling 122 telecom licences, today said it was examining legal options and moving a review petition in the apex court, while ruling out winding up operations in India.

"The company is looking at legal options and lawyers are examining the idea of filing a review petition in the Supreme Court," said Sigve Brekke, Managing Director of Unitech Wireless, which owns the Uninor brand.

However, no decision has yet been taken on any such move, Brekke said in a press briefing via video conference.

Ruling out any move to wind up operations in India, he said, "We did not come to India to give up, but to win. And, that's what we are going to do. Looking at the way our employees, our trade partners and our customers have responded over the past few days, I am confident we will succeed."

More @ TOI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock