2G case: Former DoT official says he was asked by Chandolia not to accept application

  • Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 898

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Joined
3 Nov 2010
Messages
26,854
Solutions
7
Reaction score
36,363
A K Srivastava, a former Deputy Director General (AS) of the Department of Telecom and a key witness in 2G spectrum allocation case on Monday told the special CBI court that PK Chandolia, the private secretary of the former telecom minister A Raja had directed DoT not to accept applications for 2G spectrum licences after Unitech Group submits it.

During his cross-examination by A K Srivastava, a former Deputy Director General (AS) of the Department of Telecom, Srivastava said that he had opposed Chandolia on the issue on September 24, 2007 about not receiving applications for Unified Access Service Licences (UASL) after Unitech Group submits it on that day itself.

When asked whether he opposed the idea saying that it is unfair, Srivastava answered that he did so but was asked by R K Chandolia to do so. He also said that its was wrong to suggest that he was repeatedly shifting his position. He said that he had not told the CBI about this till March 15 last year as there was "no discussion" on this point till then.

Srivastava's testimony assumes significance as the CBI, in its charge sheet, had said that in pursuance of a conspiracy to favour telecom firms, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Ltd and Swan Telecom, Raja had decided to accept applications filed with DoT till September 25, 2007 only.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock