Discussion 2011 World Cup final loss to India should be investigated: Ranatunga ..

Sai Jai

Reaction score
"Investigations should be done on the World Cup final where Sri Lanka lost to India," Ranatunga said on Thursday (July 13). "The ministers who are talking now need to make sure their actions speak louder than their words. The time has come now for these players to confess on what happened and investigations to be done.

"I was also in India at the time and I was heartbroken after the loss while I also had doubts about it. I will open up about all this very soon with proof. Therefore if you are investigating, this is what you need to investigate about."

The start of the spat between the two legendary Sri Lankan cricketers came after Ranatunga had made remarks about Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene failing to carry forward a culture of grooming youngsters, which has resulted in Sri Lankan cricket's decline following the retirement of the two. Recently, the team reached a new low after losing a five-match ODI series to Zimbabwe at home - the first time ever.

2011 World Cup final loss to India should be investigated: Ranatunga - Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock