19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022 | News & Updates

+ gold by Parul Chaudhary
& silver by Kishore Jena (For some duration, he was ahead of Neeraj also)
Not include them as it was no nerve holding competition jena knew india win gold so he not push himself
Parul Chaudhary not included as no keneya runner

Some special moments which I think deserve special praise.
1. Satwik Chirag won gold in badminton where chinese and korean were there as opponents.
2. Gold by Parul Chaudhary as it was gruelling 5000m with 12.5 laps of race in approx 15 minutes and crossed for GOLD at the finishing line
3. Sutirtha mukerjee and Ayhika Mukherjee beating Olympic champion in table tennis against china world no 2 in china and win bronze

Miss in table tennis for historic bronze was the pain moment. Miss in badminton teams gold too was also heartbreaking.

Also Swimming was the one aspect where sports science should come into picture and 10-15 years from now we should start being competitive and win medals to be top 3 in asia and winning medals at Olympics.

KUDOS to Athletes for giving us wonderful moments for India and getting century of medals.

I think we won the worst gold in kabaddi.There would be no sorrow if we had won silver also. Pawan Sehrawat should understand that he is representing the country here and not his PKL team. His behavior with the officials was unbearable. Yes, Iran's team also boycotted the game but India was the first to start it. The referees did not act harshly and changed the results repeatedly but the attitude of the players was not good at all. International Kabaddi Federation and SAI need to take concrete steps against this

I think we won the worst gold in kabaddi.There would be no sorrow if we had won silver also. Pawan Sehrawat should understand that he is representing the country here and not his PKL team. His behavior with the officials was unbearable. Yes, Iran's team also boycotted the game but India was the first to start it. The referees did not act harshly and changed the results repeatedly but the attitude of the players was not good at all. International Kabaddi Federation and SAI need to take concrete steps against this
It is not the fault of the players. The referee did not know the rules.Referees have confused between rules made for Pro Kabaddi League with the international rules. At the end, Pawan brought the rule book and showed it to the referees, then the referees made a decision. From this point of view I would say Pawan was aware of the rules.

It is not the fault of the players. The referee did not know the rules.Referees have confused between rules made for Pro Kabaddi League with the international rules. At the end, Pawan brought the rule book and showed it to the referees, then the referees made a decision. From this point of view I would say Pawan was aware of the rules.
From my point of view whatever Pawan did was wrong. Because of that the game was delayed for 1 hour. And this is also against sportsman ship. And who said that Pawan brought the rule book and showed it to referees. According to the rules of the game, the decision of the referee is final, the rest of the rules come later. Even before the start of the Kabaddi toss, it is said that the decision of the referee will be final. Pawan was too aggressive.

China just one step away from 200 gold medals
Japan completed 50 Gold medals
India completed 100 medals
Afghanistan beat Pakistan on medal tally
JywoeeE.png

According to the rules of the game, the decision of the referee is final, the rest of the rules come later. Even before the start of the Kabaddi toss, it is said that the decision of the referee will be final. Pawan was too aggressive.
Think about this once in cricket, if the umpire gives a catch out in no ball, will Rohit-Kohli accept it? IKF has made some rules that referees have to follow.
I know cricket and kabaddi are not the same. However if the referee is giving pro kabaddi league rules in international matches is unacceptable to anyone.

Not just in Kabaddi, overall performance by officials was poor in this asian games.
Controversies happened in events of Jyothi Yarraji, Neeraj Chopra and some boxing events.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock