10 tricks every Windows & Mac user should know

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
10 tricks every Windows & Mac user should know

If there's one thing Reddit users are good at, it's coming up with clever tricks, especially on computers.

Recently a Redditor asked fellow users what computer tricks everyone should know. People submitted a wealth of tricks for Macs, PCs, web browsers, specific sites like YouTube, programs like Excel, and more. What they all had in common was that using them makes your computer life a whole lot easier and more fun.

We looked through the thread and found the 10 most useful tricks for Windows PCs and Macs...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Get back that tab you accidentally closed

If you want to get back a tab you closed, just press "Control" (or "Command" on Mac), plus "Shift," plus "T," and it will magically reappear.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Only screenshot the part of the screen you want.

If you only need to screenshot part of the screen, there's a simple way to do it for both Windows and Macs.

For Mac: "Command," plus "Shift," plus "4" brings up the tool. Then you just drag the area you want

For Windows: Just go to "Start" and then look for "Snipping Tool."

3. Repeat your last command in Excel

If you press the F4 button in Excel it repeats the last command. Here's an example given on Reddit: "If you select a cell and highlight it yellow, you can then highlight any other selected cell(s) yellow by pressing F4."

4. Open a link in a new browser tab with one click.

If you click the "middle" button on your mouse, you will open the link in a new browser tab. And if you middle-click an open tab, it will close it.

5. Make a copy of a file by just dragging it

All you have to do to make a copy of a file on a Mac is hold the "Alt" key ("Control" if you are using a PC) and then click and drag the file. This will make a copy that you can drop anywhere you want by un-clicking.

6. Reverse search an image in Chrome

In Google Chrome, if you press "S" while you right click on an image it will do a reverse Google search. That means you'll be able to see where that photo is and where it potentially originated.

7. Pause YouTube with one click, or skip backwards and forwards 10 seconds

Most people know you can hit the spacebar to pause a YouTube video, but sometimes this causes it to scroll down the page if you haven't already clicked on the video. If you press "K," this will play (or pause) the video every time.

Hitting the "J" key will cause you to go backward 10 seconds, while hitting the "L" key will make you go forward 10 seconds.

8. Move your window to any side of the screen, or to the next monitor

If you click the "Windows" key, plus one of the arrows (right, left, up, down), your current window will move to that side of the screen. Similarly, "Windows," plus "Shift," plus one of the arrows will move your window into whatever monitor is that way (right, for example).

Unfortunately, this only works for Windows machines.

9. Clear your cache in seconds

Quickly clear your cache by pressing "Control," plus "Shift," plus "R." This will also refresh your page.

10. Turn your browser window into a simple text editor

If you want to bring up a basic text editor you can type in, just paste this into the address bar in your browser: data:text/html

11. Edit what you Chrome browser looks like

If you want to play a trick on someone, and send them a fake screenshot of something that never existed, there's an easy way in Chrome. First you bring up the console by pressing "F12." Then you enter: document.designMode = "on"

After this, you can edit any of the text that appears on the screen.

Which one is your Favorite?

2 Examples of Snipping Tool

________________________________________________________________________________​___________________________
vhY4ONR.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________​___________________________

bsCpQPR.jpg

Exmaple of Trick 11

I changed My User Name from "ABCDEFGH" to "12345" :lol:D

DNZ2nOp.jpg

ABCDEFGH said:
Another example Of Trick 11

*Dont Get Offended:shy

ABCDEFGH the new admin Of DDF :lol:D

A2H bro, you just opened a post by Bapun bro and edited his name and entered your name and cropped only that part to show it.. but check below.. its my profile, my own profile.. header shows welcome back madhan, so its my own account.. but still i am admin.. i have access to Admin CP (see header) as well.. that looks original right... :p:p:p

image.png

Well Can't compete with You as you are a Web Developer but tried my Level Best :shy

i Joined DDF before you, so that makes me your Senior :lol:c
also have a look at My reputation Points :lol

aMlJ85K.jpg

ABCDEFGH said:
Well Can't compete with You as you are a Web Developer but tried my Level Best :shy

i Joined DDF before you, so that makes me your Senior :lol:c
also have a look at My reputation Points :lol

but unfortunately you forgot to edit registration date above the date of birth.. and only 2400+ likes but 6400+ reps.. you certainly misused the rep system.. that makes you a fake admin clearly... :lol:lol:lol

also, being a admin you dont even have access to Mod CP (and Admin CP)... :p:p:p:rofl:rofl:rofl

but a good try though... :k :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock