ZEEL working on a comprehensive OTT strategy

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is working on a comprehensive strategy for its over-the-top (OTT) business comprising subscription service dittoTV and advertising on-demand platform OZEE.

While admitting that the company’s OTT platform dittoTV is underperforming when compared to Star India’s Hotstar, ZEEL managing director Punit Goenka told media analysts that the new OTT strategy will be rolled out in the second half of 2017.

“On the OTT platform, yes, you are right we are significantly underperforming compared to Hotstar, but we have our strategy in place which we will be rolling out during the second half of the current calendar year and you will hear more about that in the quarters to come,” Goenka said.

He further noted that dittoTV went live on major telecom operators’ platforms which should drive subscriber growth. dittoTV is currently bundled with the OTT offerings of three major telcos, namely Airtel, Vodafone and Idea.

dittoTV offers live streaming access to 80+ live channels including the entire Zee network bouquet, Sony, SAB TV, Aaj Tak and BBC. Subscription charges start from Rs 20 for one month.

On OZEE, Goenka said that the ad-led service is doing well with 40 million subscribers since its launch in February 2016. OZEE is the de facto home of all ZEEL network content.

“On OZEE, we are seeing yields improving quarter-on-quarter, year-on-year, but it is still relatively a new platform. The overall digital pie is still dominated by search and video is a fraction of that number. I think each one is getting their fair share, that is how I can answer,” he said.

The company had pulled out all content from its YouTube channels to make OZEE the exclusive digital home of ZEEL content. There has been a significant increase in ad revenue from what it was earning through YouTube. “Definitely there is a significant increase in revenue,” he told media analysts.

Both dittoTV and OZEE are part of Zee Digital Convergence Ltd (ZDCL), which is the digital media arm of ZEEL.

ZEEL working on a comprehensive OTT strategy | TelevisionPost.com

I didn't find 2 episode neither on OZEE nor on Ditto TV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock