Xiaomi sell 1 million phone in India in 18 day but user complain of aftersale service

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 561
Reaction score
Xiaomi has hit a new milestone in India having sold a million smartphones in just 18 days. While impressive, this number doesn’t come as a huge surprise since the online shopping fever is at an all-time high, and Xiaomi’s products are widely available across various e-commerce platforms. In fact, Xiaomi itself is currently hosting a Diwali sale on mi.com. Marking the occasion, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun has written a letter thanking the Indian buyers for their support.

“Yesterday we set an incredible record in India by selling more than 1 million smartphones within 18 days. On behalf of Xiaomi’s management, I’d like to congratulate the entire Mi India team for this outstanding performance,” Jun wrote in a letter posted on Xiaomi’s Facebook page. “And very importantly, I wish to thank every Indian Mi fan for the love they have shown to Xiaomi, which is the driving force behind our success.” Jun also thanked Xiaomi’s retail partners Flipkart, Amazon India and Snapdeal, which would have contributed massively to the sales courtesy of their online Diwali sales.

Earlier this month, Xiaomi revealed that it had
sold over 500,000 smartphones during the online Diwali sales in just three days. On an average, the company managed to sell two smartphone units per second in that time period. Since its launch, the Redmi Note 3 continues to be a huge hit among consumers and Xiaomi recently announced that it had sold about 23 lakh units of smartphone in just seven months.

It’s no secret that India is an important (and biggest) market for Xiaomi outside China, and in his letter Jun reiterates that fact. “India is an extremely important market in Xiaomi’s globalization strategy. It has become our largest market outside of mainland China,” Jun wrote. “The core of the Xiaomi model is creating high-quality products, making friends with our users, and operating our business extremely efficiently. This model has been proven in China. I believe that the Xiaomi model will resonate across the world, starting with India.”

Going forward, Jun unsurprisingly has some big ambitions for Xiaomi in India. “I am confident that with the sustained efforts of our entire Xiaomi family, we will be able to capture the largest market share in India within 3-5 years!” he wrote.

While such a milestone is indeed impressive, things are not all rosy for Xiaomi in India, and a quick look at the comments below Jun’s letter say it all. Most (if not all) comments show Xiaomi users complaining about the company’s after-sales service. Other issues being highlighted by customers center around software updates and the flash sale model that continues to frustrate buyers.

http://www.bgr.in/news/xiaomi-sells...users-complain-of-after-sales-service-issues/

Back
Top Bottom