Xiaomi Mi4i explodes while charging, incident caught on camera

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
We have heard of cases of smartphones exploding while they are being charged or there is some irregular usage. The latest company to have its product in this category is Xiaomi.

In a CCTV footage shared by user Ajay Raj Negi, one can see a phone under charge catching fire. The user uploaded the video to Xiaomi’s Mi Mobile Facebook page . According to Negi, he had kept his Xiaomi Mi4i under charging as he normally does everyday. While using the phone while it was charging, the phone happened to catch fire. The video shows the moment when Negi realised it soon and got away and alerted others around him of the impending fire.

Negi has been using the phone since last May and has asked Xiaomi to give him an explanation behind the phone catching fire. Generally cases of battery explosions come up when you are using a third party non authorised battery inside your phone or you are using a non-authorised charger. But since the Xiaomi Mi4i battery is non-removable, it certainly begs explanation from the Chinese phonemaker as to what could have been the reason behind the fire.

As you can see from the footage, had Negi not been attentive, he could’ve easily suffered severe burns. According to TechPP who spoke to a Xiaomi India spokesperson, Xiaomi has taken the incident into account and will be investigating the matter. The company has also offered to replace Negi’s phone and will be getting in touch with him.

Xiaomi Mi4i explodes while charging, incident caught on camera Tech2 Mobile

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock