• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 763

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Xiaomi Mi 5s is another version of the company’s flagship that could come with the new Snapdragon 821 processor and 6GB RAM, claim reports. Interestingly the new leaks come even as an ‘Extreme’ version of the Mi 5 has been spotted retailing online in China with an overclocked CPU, GPU and RAM. However, Xiaomi has not yet officially launch this so-called ‘Extreme’ version of the Mi 5.

According to leaks on AndroidPure, the Xiaomi Mi 5s will have a Snapdragon 821 processor, 6GB RAM a 2K display with 3D Touch support and with 256 GB storage. AndroidPure has put out a screenshot with the detailed specifications. The camera will be the same it appears, according to the leaks, although it will have a bigger 3490 mAh battery with Type-C USB charging just like the original Mi 5.

In Xiaomi’s case, we’re seeing leaks take place around the Mi Note 2 as well, and the 3D Touch feature was earlier reported to be a part of the Mi 5, but that didn’t happen. Mi 5 was the flaghip from the company for 2016, although Xiaomi hasn’t really revealed any major sales numbers for this phone, which was launched in India and China.

In India, the Mi 5 was launched soon after the China launch, although Xiaomi only introduced the 3GB RAM+32GB storage version of the phone here at a price of Rs 24,999. The phone recently got a price cut to Rs 22,999.

In terms of specifications, the Mi 5 ticks all the right boxes on paper thanks to the latest Snapdragon 820 processor, the 5.1-inch full HD display, 16MP rear camera and more. However, in our review we found the phone suffered from heating issues, the camera was definitely not worthy of flagship standards and the overall software was a major letdown.

Xiaomi has been launching various options in the Redmi series both in China and India; the Redmi Pro in China comes with a dual-camera set-up, India got the more budget friendly Redmi 3S recently. For Xiaomi, the Redmi series has emerged as a winner, and the company is now number three in India’s top 30 cities, according to IDC data. But flagships like Mi 5 have not enjoyed the roaring success of the more budget Redmi series. We’ll have to see if the Mi 5s actually launches anytime soon.

Source

Sarkar said:
Bcoz of 1+3's big success, Xiaomi's Mi5 is under huge pressure  :lol

6GB RAM spec says all... :lol

Sarkar said:
I really miss those days when we use to run Win XP Pro only in 64 MB [emoji38]
Seriously?

mmadhankumar said:
My first desktop PC came with Intel Pentium III 800MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 8GB HDD and Win98. I installed win XP on it and it worked as charm. That's some kind of spec.. isn't it.. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Mine was with similar specs, but the ram I think was 128 MB. But it used to hang a lot. I still remember the fun we had by dragging the mouse to create image blocks when the computer gets stuck!

Also a rumor is running, about redmi note 4 with LP DDR 4 4GB RAM and snapdragon 653 2.2 GHz, with 4cortex a 73, 4 cortex a 53...

Back
Top Bottom