Discussion Will JioFiber expansion happen in the future?

Digital Mastermind

Contributor
Reaction score
I am waiting for Jio Fiber in my so called smart City of Panaji in Goa.

Jio employees say I should go for Air Fiber. I said I want only Jio Fiber, they have no idea if at all it would be made available.

Its so sad that so called smart City does not have Jio Fiber... Either Jio is not interested in this market or they haven't got permission from the State Govt.

As of now I am using BSNL FTTH, and quite happy with their service, apart from that we have Airtel Xtreme Fiber also available here.

This is a very good question. Considering they have now Jio AirFiber that can be installed almost anywhere throughout India, I doubt they will do much expansion of JioFiber now. It will remain as a legacy (and legendary) product. 🥲

I have asked this question even to the local Jio office and they said they haven't got any new OFC construction orders for Fiber from RIL for like 5-6 month in my city and full focus on AirFiber now. The office staff said there are hardly any chances for further optical fiber expansion unless something hugely changes from Jio end. They have reached to a saturation point where they consider they have covered majority of the city areas.

I was reading your old posts today, I can understand that you were also very interested in having a JioFiber connection and waited for it till now. It's unfortunate that they couldn't make it and brought Jio AirFiber product that is mediocre when compared to JioFiber.

I will take this up with RIL higher officials soon..

I won't let go of the issue untill I get to know what is the issue and why the delay when all infrastructure work is completed (based on my old posts years back)

Also Panaji is the capital city of the state of Goa, and its not normal to ignore a states capital city for such a service.

I will also take the issue up with the State Govt officials to understand exactly the problem.

I also know around 5-6 apartments that also want to take Jio Fiber for their newly built apartments and some resorts/hotels too are interested.

Before you do that, make sure you know that Jio means Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited and it is a private company and you can only request them if they can expand the fiber in your area. However, with BSNL you can ask them to come to your area as it is being funded by the Government to do so.

But just remember that Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is a private company.

As of now I am using BSNL FTTH, and quite happy with their service, apart from that we have Airtel Xtreme Fiber also available here.
Asking out of curiosity bro, why don't you opt for Airtel Xstream Fiber instead considering it's already available.

Unlike BSNL FTTH, it won't at least give ad injection issues or have any DNS failures on particular websites.

And the fun thing is Airtel Fiber provides better (lower) latency compared to JioFiber. So the connectivity should be even more responsive.

Asking out of curiosity bro, why don't you opt for Airtel Xstream Fiber instead considering it's already available.

Unlike BSNL FTTH, it won't at least give ad injection issues or have any DNS failures on particular websites.

And the fun thing is Airtel Fiber provides better (lower) latency compared to JioFiber. So the connectivity should be even more responsive.
Well, I never faced any ad injection in any websites or apps from their end.

Also, the local bsnl franchise/vendor is really good and helpful. Any issues he fixes on time.

@Digital Mastermind I know that feel. In 2020, their people were working on their cables right in front of my house. I saw the name "RJIO" on the cables and was really happy to get rid of RailWireShit. Asked their people and they said "15-20 din me aajayega" (it will come within 15-20 days). Turned out, they were laying cable for a different locality through my locality.

It took them three years to lay fiber to my locality after that.

It is not that good though. For sure far better than RailWire but browsing speed isn't good and routing for my location is not good. So, not so good ping in games.

Anyway, what's the reason behind not getting Airtel Fiber? From what I heard, they are almost always better than JioFiber.

Now both airtel and jio both stopped their broadband and concentrate only on airfibre

Anyway, what's the reason behind not getting Airtel Fiber? From what I heard, they are almost always better than JioFiber.
I got BSNL FTTH in 2022, and i got to know through their website and after calling local BSNL exchange.

That time i was not aware if Airtel Xtream Fiber was available in my locality... there wasnt any marketing done. It was only in 2023 i started noticing Airtel Xtream Fiber Advt on billboards, newspapers, and No Parking Boards, etc. I also confirmed the same with them abour their services availbility.

Since i already had BSNL FTTH by then and their services are great, i was not interested in Airtel...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom