Seeking Help Want different Recommendations in Google TV Home Screen

• Thread starter Thread starter A B
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5
  • Views Views: Views 276

A B

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have Sony Bravia TV at my home and country/region is selected to India and google showing hindi movies/series recommendations. But I want to see English movies/shows recommendations like the tv is in USA/Canada. Will changing the country change the content recommendation ? But for changing the country, I have to reset my tv.

Solution
Recommendation is based on what you watch if you or someone watches hindi contect with that account it will show hindi

That is the reason why a person from Tamil Nadu is recommended Tamil and not Bangla shows for example because 1 he would havt selected Tamil language and once you start watching it understands this person is interested in Tamil and not Bangla and starts recommending more of the same
Recommendation is based on what you watch if you or someone watches hindi contect with that account it will show hindi

That is the reason why a person from Tamil Nadu is recommended Tamil and not Bangla shows for example because 1 he would havt selected Tamil language and once you start watching it understands this person is interested in Tamil and not Bangla and starts recommending more of the same

Solution
I recommend creating different "Profiles" on Google TV. In one profile, watch only Hindi shows. In another profile, watch only English shows. Depending on what you watch, suggestions will be shown.

But in that profile, I watch only english shows/movies. And the wishlist is full of English content. And, I cannot change the tv country as well. The option is gone. But, will changing the country change the recommendations ?

Last edited:

Thanks buddy. Web & App activity was off.

Back
Top Bottom