Vodafone launches SuperNet 4G services across 17 circles

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 1,545
Reaction score
India's second largest telecom operator, Vodafone , on Wednesday launched its SuperNet 4G services across seventeen circles. The services will be available in 2400 towns across the country by March 2017.

The circles include Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Haryana, UP (east), Gujarat, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Assam, North East, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, UP (west), Odisha and Punjab.

"These 17 circles cover 91% of Vodafone India’s total revenues and 95% of mobile data revenues, " said Sunil Sood, MD and CEO of Vodafone India.

The MD added that Vodafone has partnered with global technology infrastructure service providers and has enabled aggressive network rollout in terms of pace and scale of deployment."We rolled out one 4G site every 10-minutes in the last 2-months. In each circle, we are aggressively growing our 4G footprintby adding new towns daily. This pace of 4G rollout will be maintained to cover a wider geography in line with evolving customer needs", added Sood.

Vodafone and other incumbents like Idea have been aggressive to improve 4G network to beat Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Jio 's customer acquisition spree.

Vodafone: vodafone launches supernet 4g services across 17 circles, Telecom News, ET Telecom

Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are missing. Not sure why?

They have 10 Mhz in 1800 band in WB circle & that should give good speed with better coverage  :sp

intrinsicreality said:
Because their network sucks in AP and TG and everyone knows that.
I think it's due to some issue with permissions. But I'm not sure.

When I was visited in Mumbai that time i am getting only 200kbps Vodafone 4G speed :wall

Vodafone was very good in Chennai. Now they couldn't survive only with 3G. After using 4G, using 3G is a nightmare now. That too after Chennai floods, data services of Vodafone is very poor... Vodafone lost many customers in TN including Chennai. After 4G launch, they need to work hard to get them back.

Don't underestimate 3G power as it can go up to 168 Mbps which is way higher than current 4G standards. Also unlike carrier aggregation on 4G most handsets currently in market support carrier aggregation on 3G band 2100 and 900 Mhz.

Back
Top Bottom