• Thread starter Thread starter Basil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 515

Basil

Contributor
Reaction score
Virender Sehwag wants to be a Delhi Daredevil forever
Out-of-form Virender Sehwag wants Delhi Daredevils to buy him in the upcoming Indian Premier League auctions. Delhi have disbanded their entire team.

sehwag-pune300.jpg

Seasoned Delhi batsman Virender Sehwag says he is working hard to earn a recall to the Indian cricket team and is excited about the prospect of opening with teammate Gautam Gambhir once again. In an exclusive interview to NDTV, Sehwag also mentioned about his desire to continue playing for Indian Premier League team Delhi Daredevils. The Delhi franchise have chosen not to retain any players before the IPL 7 players' auction next month.

"This IPL 7 auction presents a good opportunity to franchises to buy exciting talent like Jacques Kallis and Yuvraj Singh and I hope the Delhi Daredevils team buys me once again," he said in the interview.

"I have had a long Test partnership with Gauti (Gambhir) and the fact that he is also from Delhi also helps our wonderful association. We have handled pressure situations well together and I hope to open with him for India again," Sehwag said. Both Sehwag and Gambhir are currently out of favour with the national selectors.

In the interview, Sehwag even opened up about Indian captain MS Dhoni, Shikhar Dhawan and wished India's young guns well in their career.

"Everybody wants to get into the Indian team and young players like Shikhar are doing really well but I am trying my best to get back into the team, which is what I can do from my side," Sehwag said.

The swashbuckling batsman also admitted that he missed hitting balls out of the ground when batting for India. Sehwag had a poor domestic season where his famous hand-eye co-ordination was missing in most matches.

The way he is playing, he'll be reduced to water carrying boy for the team 'forever' :P :rofl

Back
Top Bottom