Breaking Vi may raise tariffs by 15-20% end of 2020 or early 2021

VoId is desperate for hike in tariffs. Like Esmail said, that is the only option for them. But they have fear that Jio may not hike tariffs with them and it will backfire VoId. One day they talk about tariff hike, the next day they offer double data and weekend roll over data offer.

But seriously, what is more irritating here is, "THE TIGER IS COMING.. TIGER IS COMING.." story of VoId. One day they said, "We won't shy away from hiking tariffs". Then who is stopping them?? They are acting as if everybody is begging them to NOT hike the tariffs. People just want better network along with hike in tariffs. Not bad network + tariff hikes.

If their network (including coverage and speed) is good, then 15-20% hike is not a big deal for most customers, imho. Last hike during Dec2019 was different. It was 40 to 50% hike and at that time, people don't have much better BroadBand tariff either. But still people mostly accepted the hike and not many people stopped recharging their main number. Now we have better BroadBand plans as well.

I used to recharge my mom's secondary prepaid number with Rs1499, to get 1.5GB/day for 365 days. This year, recharged for almost same Rs1499 for 365 days, but with just 24GB data. No issues, she is using WiFi in home (last year she consumed around total of 1.4GB MOBILE DATA the whole year, rest is all WiFi).

Tariff hike will reduce congestion in network of Jio and Airtel as well (after they themselves hike, of course). Usage of second sim will get drastically reduced. Both are bad news for VoId. But at least they should stop the BS "we are NOT afraid to hike tariffs and yet delaying like forever".
And new VI is not ready to stop their old shoddy practice, noticed 55 Rs ISD pack for 499 plans which have ISD calling activated by default. So called customer care to know how this plan was activated without any request. I was told that I have activated it over whatsapp ViC for ISD call cutter to US and Canada calls. Now I never use whatsapp on that number so not sure how they activated it. They have waived off the charges and removed the plan.

I have heard of similar charges from some of my friends as well, trying to charge post paid customer for these frivolous packs
Old habits, die hard bro...

VoId is desperate for hike in tariffs. Like Esmail said, that is the only option for them. But they have fear that Jio may not hike tariffs with them and it will backfire VoId. One day they talk about tariff hike, the next day they offer double data and weekend roll over data offer.

But seriously, what is more irritating here is, "THE TIGER IS COMING.. TIGER IS COMING.." story of VoId. One day they said, "We won't shy away from hiking tariffs". Then who is stopping them?? They are acting as if everybody is begging them to NOT hike the tariffs. People just want better network along with hike in tariffs. Not bad network + tariff hikes.

If their network (including coverage and speed) is good, then 15-20% hike is not a big deal for most customers, imho. Last hike during Dec2019 was different. It was 40 to 50% hike and at that time, people don't have much better BroadBand tariff either. But still people mostly accepted the hike and not many people stopped recharging their main number. Now we have better BroadBand plans as well.

I used to recharge my mom's secondary prepaid number with Rs1499, to get 1.5GB/day for 365 days. This year, recharged for almost same Rs1499 for 365 days, but with just 24GB data. No issues, she is using WiFi in home (last year she consumed around total of 1.4GB MOBILE DATA the whole year, rest is all WiFi).

Tariff hike will reduce congestion in network of Jio and Airtel as well (after they themselves hike, of course). Usage of second sim will get drastically reduced. Both are bad news for VoId. But at least they should stop the BS "we are NOT afraid to hike tariffs and yet delaying like forever".

Old habits, die hard bro...
True, nobody is stopping them, go ahead and hike the tariff but charges should justify the service.

Vodafone still have worst network in Hyderabad with no volte or vowifi, I'm mostly on 2G network at my place and will get 4G signal only at my terrace. There was use to be idea tower near to our place which has been shutdown and now nearest tower is 4 kms away.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock