Seeking Help USB Drive is not showing while booting on HP laptop.

• Thread starter Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 5,773

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
My friend recently brought a new HP Laptop which has Free DOS operating System now we want to install windows 10 by USB drive in it but USB Drive is not showing while booting. :(:(

My friend recently brought a new HP Laptop which has Free DOS operating System now we want to install windows 10 by USB drive in it but USB Drive is not showing while booting. :(:(
have u made the usb as bootable disk..?
else it will not show in boot menu.

also check for UEFI/Legacy Mode.. if the BIOS is UEFI make the bootable disk with GPT partition, if it's legacy make it with MBR Partition.
as u said its a new system BIOS will be UEFI only.

Bro if you provide the laptop model...it would be easier for us to provide solution ...as some laptop comes with uefi and some comes with bios and some laptop have different method....
I found one article which could be helpful HP Notebook PCs - Boot Device Options (F9) | HP® Customer Support
you can use this tool to create a bootable windows 10 usb (You can create muliple boot iso in one pendrive using this tool from linux to windows 10) and this should work with uefi too
YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

If your hp laptop has cd drive you can burn windows 10 and install.......it is much easier

Last edited:
Bro USB drive is now showing but during installation this message is appearing
07b12c2b6388020b94f9ee689b48f444.jpg

To manually wipe a drive and convert it to GPT:
Turn off the PC, and put in the Windows installation DVD or USB key.
Boot the PC to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode. For more info, see Boot to UEFI Mode or Legacy BIOS mode.
From inside Windows Setup, press Shift+F10 to open a command prompt window.
Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart.
At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.
At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.
At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.
At the DISKPART prompt, type convert gpt.

Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style
Change a Master Boot Record Disk into a GUID Partition Table Disk

you should have formatted the HDD completely to GPT.. GPT Partition is far far better than MBR Partition.
anyway its solved. @Rushil
Don't know why a new system with UEFI BIOS comes in legacy and MBR Partition..

I found one article which could be helpful HP Notebook PCs - Boot Device Options (F9) | HP® Customer Support
you can use this tool to create a bootable windows 10 usb (You can create muliple boot iso in one pendrive using this tool from linux to windows 10) and this should work with uefi too
YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

If your hp laptop has cd drive you can burn windows 10 and install.......it is much easier

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
this is the most simple and fastest application to create a USB bootable disk.
it is also light weight. less than 1MB.

also burning with USB is more easier than CD sumit bro according to me.

also don't take me wrong, there's only UEFI and Legacy Mode of BIOS.
For UEFI, the partioion is GPT.. this now the most commonly used one.
For Legacy, the partition should be MBR. Was used in late 90 to some time around 2000

Last edited:
Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
this is the most simple and fastest application to create a USB bootable disk.
it is also light weight. less than 1MB.

also burning with USB is more easier than CD sumit bro according to me.

also don't take me wrong, there's only UEFI and Legacy Mode of BIOS.
For UEFI, the partioion is GPT.. this now the most commonly used one.
For Legacy, the partition should be MBR. Was used in late 90 to some time around 2000

I shared that tool because its very useful and easy to create multiple iso in one pendrive...for example..if you have space in pd you can create linux mint + ubuntu + windows 10 + windows xp + windows 7... and so on.....in one pendrive all these iso in one pendrive and boot from any one of these iso....No need to format pendrive for making it bootable and you can add any iso later

Why I would take you wrong Bro :huh.....you shared the fact :tup

Back
Top Bottom