Trai seeks view on 11-digit mobile numbers

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Telecom regulator Trai has sought public views on increasing the digits in a mobile phone number to 11 from 10 at present as one of the options to address rising demand for telecom connections in line with growing population. The government has already started 13-digit number series for Internet of Things and machine to machine communications. However, according to an assessment by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai), around 2.6 billion more numbers would be required to cater to need of the country by 2050.

To increase numbering resources, Trai has sought opinion on number of alternatives, including moving on to 11 digit numbering scheme for mobile and continuing with 10 digit numbering for fixed line services; shifting data only mobile numbers (like dongle connections) from 10 digits to 13 digit numbering; and vacating number series start from 3, 5 and 6, etc.

Trai seeks view on 11-digit mobile numbers | India News – India TV

Reactions: iDJ
Screw that. Fix the existing problems. Bring my cable and DTH bill down. Also remove that ₹35 mandatory for sim retention. I am gonna recharge if I find your service good. No one retains sim cards if they don't want to use it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock