TRAI plans to bring TV stream apps under licensing framework

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,065
I think this would hamper many.
Just take an example of microsoft, they are aware most of the general people use pirated versions, however they dont crack on them, the reason they want people to use windows and when people use windows the cos would be forced to use windows OS in their org and microsoft thus generate revenue out of it. Moreover they also help the freelancers to develop the apps which in turn again ask the users to deploy on windows OS. So its a strategy to give out some portion and earn from other side. If everything comes under regulations it would break the cycle and then we would have only few cos left that can tune and twist the policy as per their framework. I know there will be some who wont agree to my point but this could be one of the reason it should not be regulated.

After ruining the DTH experience for us by making it expensive, TRAI has moved on to ruining the OTT space. Good going TRAI!

OTT players were releasing uncensored content,now that will come under regulation.The attraction of OTT content will reduce,so overall loss for OTT players

I think this would hamper many.
Just take an example of microsoft, they are aware most of the general people use pirated versions, however they dont crack on them, the reason they want people to use windows and when people use windows the cos would be forced to use windows OS in their org and microsoft thus generate revenue out of it. Moreover they also help the freelancers to develop the apps which in turn again ask the users to deploy on windows OS. So its a strategy to give out some portion and earn from other side. If everything comes under regulations it would break the cycle and then we would have only few cos left that can tune and twist the policy as per their framework. I know there will be some who wont agree to my point but this could be one of the reason it should not be regulated.

MSFT does not take action against piracy is totally false, look at their home market usa almost 0% software piracy . You can say they rarely take action in India but that's because of different issue as already 3 crore cases pending in indian court so their cases will be pending for even more years and verdict will come probably after 50 years if not more than 100 years like Cauvery Water verdict

MSFT does not take action against piracy is totally false, look at their home market usa almost 0% software piracy . You can say they rarely take action in India but that's because of different issue as already 3 crore cases pending in indian court so their cases will be pending for even more years and verdict will come probably after 50 years if not more than 100 years like Cauvery Water verdict
Bro my thoughts were subjected to indian people, people twists policy based on geographical locations.

Bro my thoughts were subjected to indian people, people twists policy based on geographical locations.

One thing you said is absolutely correct. If everything comes under regulations it would break the cycle

But what currently we have is License for sat chs but not for Streaming chs. And as both broadcast same live feed So to bring equality either remove licensing from Sat ch or bring license to Live stream.

Because Jio doesn't want competition. Their jiotv app attracts mobile subscribers.
These app are carrier neutral aka works on any network. Which reduces jio's advantage.
If new rules for streaming tv apps applied, then Jio will lost more users.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock