TRAI asks telcos to compensate users for call drops from January 1

• Thread starter Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 750

Sarkar

Reaction score
New DELHI: Sectoral regulator TRAI today made it mandatory for telecom operators to compensate consumers by one rupee for call drops with effect from January 1, 2016.
The compensation will, however, be limited to three dropped calls in a day, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said in a statement today.
TRAI said a telecom operator should send a message through SMS or USSD to the calling customer within four hours of the occurrence of call drop and the details of amount credited in his account. For post paid customers, the details of the credit should be provided in the next bill.

TRAI asks telcos to compensate users for call drops from January 1 - Times of India

For The Nation Which Touts To Be The Fastest Growing Telecom Market In The World, Call Drops Are Like A Deadly Virus...
Thank-you Brother For This Good News...

Ashok L said:
Can someone explain me what is call drop...?

bro at the time of you are in call automaticly call will be end before either sender or reciever end the call is called call drop ... This problem due to network signal Fluctuation ...

SaiLaxman said:
bro at the time of you are in call automaticly call will be end before either sender or reciever end the call is called call drop ... This problem due to network signal Fluctuation ...

What will happen , if i desperately going to out of coverage area while called to some one (going to lift , obviously will disconnect the call)

sathishbabu4u said:
What will happen , if i desperately going to out of coverage area while called to some one (going to lift , obviously will disconnect the call)

As per TRAI, Telecom network will Refund the call charge for below first 3 seconds of the call get drop ... For your doubt write to TRAI you'll get reply and posted here the reply :tup ...

sathishbabu4u said:

If call is disconnected due to network problem(out of coverage) then you will get money back ₹1 for every call drop(Max ₹3 per day). ;)

Sarkar said:
If call is disconnected due to network problem(out of coverage) then you will get money back ₹1 for every call drop(Max ₹3 per day). ;)

Why max 3 per day only :huh

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Why max 3 per day only :huh

₹3 per day = ₹90 per month in worst case scenario, Telcos average revenue from users is ₹180 per month. So if there is no max cap then telcos will become bankrupt ;)

Back
Top Bottom