Toshiba launches world’s first Ultra HD laptop at Rs 86,000

• Thread starter Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 678

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
Japanese manufacturer Toshiba has launched the world's first Ultra HD (4K) display laptop in the Indian market. The new model, part of the company's Satellite P series, is the only laptop in the world at present that can play 4K content. It has been priced at Rs 86,000 and will be available for sale by the end of June.

The Satellite P50t-B Y3110 laptop has a 15.6-inch IPS display with 3840x2160p resolution, four times higher than that of the standard Full HD (1080p) screen. The touch-enabled laptop is made of aluminium and features a HDD protection sensor and Harman/Kardon speakers. Other key features of the laptop are USB-sleep-and-charge support and frameless backlit keyboard.

On the specifications front, Toshiba Satellite P50t-B Y3110 laptop has 1TB HDD and packs a 2.5GHz fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost Technology. It comes with Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM (expandable up to 16GB) and 2GB AMD dedicated graphics card. It has all standard ports, like USB 3.0 (x4), Wi-Fi, HDMI, UHS-II SD card slot etc.

Sivakumar Natarajan, the vice president of sales and market, PC business, Toshiba India, exclusively told TOI that with this laptop, the company is targeting not only those who consume high quality content but also those who create it. The device is also meant for business users who enjoy high-resolution video content.

Along with the first-in-class Ultra HD laptop, Toshiba unveiled two other consumer laptops at the event.

The Satellite S40-B X3110 is laptop that emphasizes on portability and thinness with its 19.3mm thick profile; it also weighs less than 2kg. This laptop, priced at Rs 50,790, has a 14-inch Full HD display, 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 1TB hard disk, 4GB RAM (expandable up to 16GB) and 2GB AMD dedicated graphics card. The device has brushed metal look, frameless chiclet keyboard and dual Harman/Kardon speakers.

For entry-level buyers, Toshiba unveiled its Satellite L Series laptops, featuring a 15.6-inch HD display, Onkyo speakers with DTS Sound, USB 3.0 ports (x2), USB-sleep-and-charge technology.

This laptop range offers four CPU options to buyers: quad-core AMD A4-5000 processor; 2.17GHz quad-core Intel Pentium N3520 processor; 1.7GHz fourth-generation Intel Core i3 processor; and 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 processor. Buyers can also choose RAM, from 2GB to 16GB. Depending on the configuration, the Toshba Satellite L Series models are available between the price bracket of Rs 15,785 and Rs 51,340.

Apart from the consumer offerings, Toshiba unveiled its range of enterprise laptops. All three new business laptops are protected by Intel's vPro as well as Anti-Theft technologies, along with Tursted Platform Module (TPM) safeguards.

The Portege Z10t-A is a Windows 8.1 ultrabook that can be converted into a tablet. This tablet, aimed at business users, has an 11.6-inch Full HD display protected by Corning Concore Glass; it supports touchscreen as well as digitizer. The keyboard dock is backlit and split-resistant. The laptop comes in four processor options (1.5GHz Intel i3; 1.5GHz Intel i5; 1.6GHz Intel i5; and 1.7GHz Intel i7) and 4GB RAM. Buyers can choose between Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8.1 Pro. The model weighs 1.47kg in ultrabook mode and 850gram in tablet mode.

Toshiba's Tecra Z40-A is a business laptop with 14-inch HD display. It is powered by a 2.1GHz Intel i7 processor with 4GB RAM and Windows 8.1 Pro (downgradable to Windows 7 Professional). This laptop features a fingerprint reader, 3D HDD protection sensor, smart card reader and spill-resistant, backlit keyboard.

Toshiba launches world’s first Ultra HD laptop at Rs 86,000 - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom