Tomic vows to win grand slam title by 2013

Reaction score
London, Jun 30 (ANI): Australia's new tennis sensation Bernard Tomic has said that he is on the right track to win a grand slam title in the next two years, despite losing to Novak Djokovic in a tough quarter-final fight at Wimbledon.

Tomic's good run at Wimbledon may have come to an end at the quarter-final stage, at the hands of his practice partner Djokovic, but after pushing the world No.2 to the limit, but one suspects he will be back on this stage again before too long.

He emerged from the 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 defeat believing he truly belongs in the company of those at the apex of the men's game, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

"When you have a result like this it tells you you're only a few matches away from winning a title. I know what my goals are now. Rest is one of them. But I definitely think I have the game, and if I get the mental state, to win a major in the next hopefully two years," Tomic said.

"I think I have the physical strength now to play five sets and get deeper into tournaments. I mean, sooner or later I'll play a player like Novak or Rafa and Roger where I'll have a win, but until then I've got to improve," he added.

The pair, as hitting partners, had been on opposite sides of a court many times before and Tomic used this inside information with precision, playing without a suspicion of fear.

"I'm proud of myself firstly. What a player Novak is. I think I gave it as much as I could today. I was not too far off, but he's a better player than me at this stage," Tomic said.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/tomic-vows-win-grand-slam-title-2013-060106903.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock