Theresa May officially becomes UK Prime Minister

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 552
Reaction score
Conservative MP Theresa May has been appointed as Britain's second female Prime Minister. Ms May, 59, was invited to form a government by Queen Elizabeth II in a private audience at Buckingham Palace.

The 12th PM during the Queen's reign, Ms May suceeds David Cameron, who tendered his resignation to the monarch half an hour earlier. She arrived at the palace by ministerial car with husband Philip, having set off from the House of Commons after Mr Cameron was officially accepted by the Queen.

Mr Cameron advised the Queen to appointed the former Home Secretary in his place.

In a brief address outside Downing Street before he resigned, Mr Cameron said: "It has been the greatest honour of my life to serve our country as Prime Minister over these last six years and to serve as leader of my party over 11 years.

"And as we leave for the last time, my only wish is continued success for this great country that I love so very much."

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world...comes-uk-prime-minister/ar-BBuiuVb?srcref=rss

14may2-articleLarge.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II on Wednesday welcomed Theresa Mary May, left, at the start of an audience in Buckingham Palace, where she invited Ms. May to become prime minister and form a new government.

POOL PHOTO BY DOMINIC LIPINSKI.

Source: Theresa May’s Style: Put Your Head Down and Get to Work - NYTimes.com=

Back
Top Bottom