Good News Telecom companies to delete customers’ Aadhaar data if given alternate ID proof: COAI

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,431
Aadhar card was actually good for customer verification, Sim was getting activated in few minutes. Now again, we will go through long procedure.
You don't need to go through all the hassle unless you want your KYC data changed into anything else than Aadhaar.

I feel govt. itself confused whether to force aadhaar or keep it as only an option.

Fake/Duplicate sim registration were totally stopped due to that aadhar authentication process before buying a New Sim.
But If old days come back again, like Voter card or Pan Card is enough for new sim activation then again there will be lot more fake sim registration with the help of fake document , and due to that Crime will rise in our society .

You don't need to go through all the hassle unless you want your KYC data changed into anything else than Aadhaar.

I feel govt. itself confused whether to force aadhaar or keep it as only an option.
Virtual Aadhar card number was good, why they stopped that?
Maybe it is too complicated for common public.

Last edited:
Fake/Duplicate sim registration were totally stopped due to that aadhar authentication process before buying a New Sim.
But If old days come back again, like Voter card or Pan Card is enough for new sim activation then again there will be lot more fake sim registration with the help of fake document , and due to that Crime will rise in our society .
+1
● hassle-free process
● sim activated in just 5 min
● saves paper, pen and even those passport size photo.
● No fake sim activation

I'm gonna miss these days when Sim activation id not big issue.

Telcos have stopped Aadhaar authentications as of November 20: UIDAI CEO

Many entities are still insisting on Aadhaar. Is there a possible grievance redressal?

We haven’t made it mandatory. Either the person making it mandatory should be responsible or the regulator who is regulating the sector.
What do you think will happen to the Aadhaar ecosystem that was being used by industries such as Fintech?

The offline verification is a viable option. It gives you the same level of identity confirmation and same level of assurance. It is only a question of switching from authentication to offline verification.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock