Super Mario Run for Apple iPhones, iPads to launch on December 15

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Super Mario Run was announced during the Apple iPhone 7 launch earlier this year. If you are like us excited about the game, there’s finally some news on when the game will launch. Nintendo has announced that the mobile game will launch for iPhones and iPads on December 15. While the game is free to an extent, to get unlimited access, you will have to pay $9.99 (Rs 680 approximately).

“The wait is almost over for a Super Mario game that can be played on mobile devices,” Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing said. “Developed under the direction of Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, Super Mario Run brings a new take on the series’ beloved action-platforming gameplay to iPhone and iPad for the first time.”

Super Mario Run officially brings the legendary mustachioed plumber to the mobile platform, and you will be able to play the game with one hand. The game is basically an endless runner like Temple Run, and you only need to tap on the screen for Mario to jump over obstacles and enemies. On higher levels, there will be greater obstacles to overcome, and the longer you press the screen the higher Mario will jump.

The game was developed under the direction of legendary Shigeru Miyamoto, who also made a surprise appearance during the iPhone 7 launch. While talking about the game, Miyamoto revealed how the inspiration behind the game was his wife. “It’s a little bit less of my own experience and more of me witnessing other people. A perfect example is my wife. When I give her video games or game systems, she doesn’t play a whole lot. But I watch her on her smartphone, and she does a lot of those types of things on her smartphone,” he said.

Super Mario Run is free, and it gives you access to certain elements of all three modes of the game. But by paying $9.99, users will be granted unlimited access to each of the three modes. There’s also a multiplayer mode called ‘Toad Rally’ where you race against your friends to collect coins and ‘toads’.

Super Mario Run is compatible with Apple‘s iPhones, iPads and iPod touch devices running on iOS 8.0 or later. While Nintendo did hint at an eventual launch on the Android platform, there’s currently no word on when that will be. The mobile game will be rolled out in 151 countries including India, and it will support languages like English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Russian and traditional Chinese.

http://www.bgr.in/news/super-mario-run-for-apple-iphones-ipads-to-launch-on-december-15/

My childhood favourite game! ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock