Sri Lanka confirm Zimbabwe tour

Tech Info

Reaction score
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) have confirmed the schedule for their upcoming tour of Zimbabwe and have also added a couple of T20Is into the Future Tours Programme. The 35 day tour of the southern African nation will begin on October 3rd and will comprise of two Tests, three ODIs and two T20Is.

Both the test matches as well as the first two ODIs will be played at the Harare Sports Club in Harare before the tour moves to Bulawayo for the final ODI as well as the two T20I matches.

This will be the first time that Sri Lanka will be playing in whites since the home series against Bangladesh early this year. They were scheduled to host the No.1 raked Test team, South Africa for a three Test series in August, but the national board managed to convince their SA counterparts to postpone the Test leg of the tour to 2015 in order to accommodate the Sri Lankan Premier League (SLPL). Ironically the tournament was cancelled at the last moment after the participatory franchises failed to honour their financial commitments.

On the other hand, Zimbabwe are slowly embarking on a comeback into full fledged cricket. They hosted India recently for a 5 match ODI series and are set to play a full series against Pakistan in the coming days.

Sri Lanka have also named a provisional squad of 27 members for the tour, out of which the final squad of 15 will be selected. Chanaka Walegedara and Prasanna Jayawardene, who had failed to find a place in the Test squad for the series against Bangaldesh continue to remain ignored.

Preliminary Squad: Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Rangana Herath, Lahiru Thirimanne, Dimuth Karunaratne, Ajantha Mendis, Kusal Perera, Angelo Perera, Udara Jayasundera, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Suranga Lakmal, Dhammika Prasad, Vimukthi Perera, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Sachithra Serasinghe, Ashan Priyanjan, Thisara Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Kaushal Silva, Dilruwan Perera, Kosala Kulasekara, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Isuru Udana.

Schedule:

October 10th - October 14th, 1st Test, Harare Sports Club, Harare

October 18th - October 22nd, 2nd Test, Harare Sports Club, Harare

October 26th, 1st ODI, Harare Sports Club, Harare

October 28th, 2nd ODI, Harare Sports Club, Harare

October 31st, 3rd ODI, Queens Sports Club,Bulawayo

November 2nd, 1st T20I,Queens Sports Club,Bulawayo

November 4th, 2nd T20I,Queens Sports Club,Bulawayo

Sri Lanka confirm Zimbabwe tour | Cricket News | Cricbuzz.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock