• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 980

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Spotify is ending its year-long dispute with Warner Music’s publishing firm.

The world’s largest music streaming service said on Tuesday that it has inked a global licensing agreement with Warner Chappell.

The announcement marks the end of their litigation before the Bombay High Court, where Warner Music was seeking an injunction to prevent Spotify from using its music in India. Warner Music had claimed that Spotify “falsely asserted a statutory license” in India.

Spotify and Warner Chappell end dispute in India, sign global licensing deal – TechCrunch

Thank God... finally!!! 😍

I tweeted them about this the day before yesterday. They replied that they were working on it, and soon the songs will be available again. I thought they were saying it just for the sake of it. They weren't lying it seems.

Finally I can move back to Spotify. 😌

Spotify inks new deal with Warner Music to bring major artists to India
Spotify and Warner Music Group are pleased to announce a renewed global licensing partnership. This expanded deal covers countries where Spotify is available today, as well as additional markets. The two companies look forward to collaborating on impactful global initiatives for Warner artists and songwriters, and working together to grow the music industry over the long term.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock