Sony PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation VR announced in India starting at Rs. 37990

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Sony finally introduced its most expected PlayStation 4 Pro console with 4K resolution gameplay and HDR capability. Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and several other titles already utilize these new features of the PS4 Pro.

Sony also introduced the Playstation VR, a virtual reality system that makes use of PlayStation 4 (PS4). It is compatible with all the PS4 versions.

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro specifications

Main processor: Single-chip custom processor
CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores

GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon ™ based graphics engine

Memory: GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk: 1TB × 1

External dimensions: About 295mm × 55mm × 327mm (width × height × depth)

Weight: about 3.3kg

Optical drive (read-only)

BD 6-speed CAV, DVD 8 speed CAV

Input and output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) port × 3

Networking: WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), Ethernet

AV output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR), DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port

Sony PlayStation VR Specifications

5.7-inches (1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye)) OLED display

100 degrees (approx.) field of view

120Hz, 90Hz refresh rate

Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)

Connection Interface VR headset: HDMI, AUX, Stereo Headphone Jack; Processor unit: HDMI TV, HDMI PS4, USB, HDMI, AUX

Processor Unit Function 3D audio processing, Social Screen (mirroring mode, separate mode), Cinematic mode

External Dimensions – VR headset: Approx. 187×185×277 mm; Processor unit: Approx. 143×36×143 mm

Box contents: VR headset, Processor unit, VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones (with a complete set of earpiece), AC power cord, AC adaptor

Pricing and availability

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro – Rs. 38,990 – available mid-February, pre-order from today

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Slim – Rs. 27,990 – available mid-February, pre-order from today

Sony PlayStation VR – Rs. 37,990 / Rs. 41,990 (with PS4 camera) – available in March

Commenting on the launch, Jim Ryan, President of SIEE and President of Global Sales & Marketing, SIE, said: The launch of PS4 Pro is an immensely exciting moment for PlayStation. Never before have we introduced a new console in the middle of a platform’s lifecycle. By providing developers with a new way to showcase their creativity, the PS4 Pro enables us to prove our commitment to innovation, as well as deliver captivating gameplay experiences for the players.PSVR puts the player right in the centre of the action, immersing them in extraordinary new worlds. PS VR is a milestone in home entertainment and it very much needs to be experienced to be believed.

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation VR announced in India starting at Rs. 37990

Ritesh bro, did you got your new gaming console? Else check this console out.

Bapun bro, it's too much confusing. As of for now, am enjoying Black ops 3 on my pc, till i finalise on the console.
Rahul bro had mentioned about launch of X box Scorpio, so i delayed my decision.
And now see, Sony came up with VR version. Damn, i can't ignore VR as am also into VR content development myself and this console will be helpful for testing the content as well. But bro, i will wait for its price to get bit low..

PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim Now Available in India

True to its word, Sony has released the PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim in India in the middle of February. Both consoles are now available for purchase at retailers both online and offline.

As has been the case with original PS4, the PS4 Slim is available in several bundles. These are as follows.

PS4 Slim bundles and price for India:

PS4 Slim 1TB console with The Last of Us Remastered and DriveClub for Rs. 32,990 .

PS4 Slim 1TB console with Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection and The Last of Us Remastered for Rs. 32,990 .

PS4 Slim 500GB console for Rs. 27,990 .

As for the PS4 Pro, your options are a lot more simpler. There’s only the 1TB console available for Rs. 38,990 with no games.

And if you want a console with an optical out for audio but don’t want to spend for the PS4 Pro, the original PS4 1TB console bundles with Watch Dogs 1 and 2 or Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (which comes with a code for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered) are also available for Rs. 32,990 each. Both also come with Infamous Second Son.

PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim Now Available in India: Price, Bundles, and Everything Else You Need to Know | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Saw its ads on amazon india. So far only positive reviews.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock