Smartphone Related Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,712
  • Views: Views 219,494
How much you paid including taxes and was it worth ?

10-12K extra if you bring it via friend who purchase it there. If you use carefully, it's worth it.

And what about warranties ? will Indian services center work on it

No warranty except Samsung and Apple. That also costs a little more. But network performance is better on UAE variant for sure than Indian variant. UAE and EU variant have great network performance, sometimes better software experience as well, especially on MIUI builds.

Today I purchased a Flip 5 mint colour phone for Rs.80000 from the local store. I was looking for the special edition grey colour from Samsung store for Rs. 88000 (card offer+ referral code). Compromised on colour but saved 8000. I never knew buying offline was much cheaper than buying online.

Samsung is working on a 440MP camera sensor.
Samsung ISOCELL sensors being mass-produced in the latter half of 2024.

- 200MP with 0.6μm HP7
- 50MP with 1.6μm GN6
- 440MP with ??μm HU1
According to tipster Revegnus, Samsung is mass-producing a new 50MP GN6 sensor with a 1.6μm pixel size, and a 200MP HP7 sensor with a 0.6μm pixel size. But the most interesting of the bunch is the 440MP HU1 sensor, but its pixel size isn’t confirmed yet..

This year the trend was Curved Display under 30k. Next year I hope the trend is Telephoto lens under ₹30k. Enough of 50MP Main + 2MP Depth/Macro. Infact Telephoto it's more useful than Ultrawide. But brands are even skipping Ultrawide nowadays. Currently there are only two options I am aware of - S21FE and Oppp Reno 10. Both have very average processors for the price. Let's hope we have more options soon.

This year the trend was Curved Display under 30k. Next year I hope the trend is Telephoto lens under ₹30k. Enough of 50MP Main + 2MP Depth/Macro. Infact Telephoto it's more useful than Ultrawide. But brands are even skipping Ultrawide nowadays. Currently there are only two options I am aware of - S21FE and Oppp Reno 10. Both have very average processors for the price. Let's hope we have more options soon.
Curved display is under 20K as well. And it's quality panel. Auto brightness issues can be solved via update. They aren't able to yet.

Now is the time for "The HELL to Freeze up totally". Yes, Motorola has released the Android 13 update for the mid-range phone (Moto G62), before Stable Android 14 release to Pixel phones. WOW, Just WOOOW.

g0jM1BO.png

Can't edit in the previous post, so making new post to give details about the update.

Frankly speaking, the update is simply superb.
[1] The only feature I missed in my Moto G62 was the "Secret Folder" option, which is now added in this update. Great.
[2] Two more apps got installed including one customization and family app (separate kid friendly profile).
[3] Now there is separate toggle for "WiFi" as well as "Mobile Data" in the notification Tiles section. Earlier in Android 12 both are merged. (In Pixel, even in Android 13, both are merged which is irritating one). Now I can safely remove the WiFi toggle widget in my Home Screen.
[4] Phone feels more smooth (after restarting twice) and finger print scanner becomes even more responsive.

The phone felt slightly sluggish, immediately after the update and network connectivity was terrible as well, initially. But a couple of restarts, solved them all totally. There is one minor bug, which rarely occurs, will dim the display when opening the app drawer, say once in 100 times. Overall I am very happy.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock