Smartphone Related Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,709
  • Views: Views 216,499
Xiaomi has officially confirmed that it will no longer release handsets running Android One, which in turn means that there won't be Mi A4. There's no specific reason for the discontinuation of the lineup but our educated guess would be the issues Xiaomi was facing with the software when providing updates to these phones. They were often late even though the Android One program is all about swift updates and longer support.

Xiaomi Mi A4 not coming as Android One program gets the axe.

Xiaomi has officially confirmed that it will no longer release handsets running Android One, which in turn means that there won't be Mi A4. There's no specific reason for the discontinuation of the lineup but our educated guess would be the issues Xiaomi was facing with the software when providing updates to these phones. They were often late even though the Android One program is all about swift updates and longer support.

Xiaomi Mi A4 not coming as Android One program gets the axe.
Xiaomi President got the upper hand over Manu Kumar Jain. This time around Jain couldn't force his hand...

Bros I am willing to buy Chinese brand smartphone in these sale shopping days. But if those brands have banned apps preinstalled in it is there be any security concerns for me ? And rather if I uninstall those apps manually after buying there will still be any security concerns for me? Please help me choose wisely.

But if those brands have banned apps preinstalled in it is there be any security concerns for me ?
Very likely.

And rather if I uninstall those apps manually after buying there will still be any security concerns for me?
Depends on how the manufacturer has made the Android software for the phone. Also depends on whether the manufacturer allows uninstalling apps or not.

Last edited:
Bros I am willing to buy Chinese brand smartphone in these sale shopping days. But if those brands have banned apps preinstalled in it is there be any security concerns for me ? And rather if I uninstall those apps manually after buying there will still be any security concerns for me? Please help me choose wisely.
If security is the concern. Buy Motorola, Asus and OnePlus phones. These doesn't have unknown alien apps.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock