• Views Views: Views 294

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Samsung Messages is going away. ☹️

RtyP0Vx.jpeg

With Samsung Messages gone, Google has complete control. This means that everything relies on what they decide and be able to make more decisions such as their RCS block on rooted devices.

Google will continue being able to dictate who can use RCS and who cannot. Google officially has a Monopoly over the Android Texting Experience.

Who knows, in a few more years we might not be able to use services we want such as a Phone app or contacts app that isn't Google's. This is the start of the end of what android was known best for, the choice of the user.

I'm of the view that the core apps such as Messages, Dialer, Contacts etc., should be controlled by the OS, in Android's case, Google. This makes the maintenance of such basic apps easier through updates.

Google messages app is working pretty good for the pixel users, no ads so far. If you are android user of different phones don't blame google, blame companies having agreement to use google services RCS in free will use own ads inside the app in Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, OPPO, Motorola etc.

Samsung message will not work coz rest of world have already adopt RCS and imessage services. In the upcoming apple iOS 18, it also having rcs support. It's the future, RCS will complete with other's messaging services between android and iphone nowdays.

I'm a Google Pixel user since 4 years. I never faced any issue with software and google messages.

Samsung message will not work coz rest of world have already adopt RCS and imessage services. In the upcoming apple iOS 18, it also having rcs support. It's the future, RCS will complete with other's messaging services between android and iphone nowdays.

I'm a Google Pixel user since 4 years. I never faced any issue with software and google messages.
What do you mean? Samsung Messages app already supports RCS.

Edited: Just now I saw, one ui 6.1 update removed rcs feature of Samsung massage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom