Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have a built-in spam call identification feature

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 473
Reaction score
Many readers might be users of Truecaller or similar services that allow users to identify and block spam calls. However, if you are the user of a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, you may no longer have to rely on a 3rd party app to do so.

Apparently, both the S7 and S7 Edge have a built-in feature that helps to identify unknown numbers that haven’t been saved in contacts.

Samsung have developed this feature along with a company called White Pages. With the feature turned on, the service will basically search for the incoming number amongst others that are stored in a database and will communicate to the receiver as to whether it is a spam number or not.

Here’s how to activate it:

1. Open Settings

2. Tap Advanced Features

3. Locate and select Identify Unsaved Numbers .

4. Slide the circular toggle from Off to On .

So if the service doesn’t identify it as a spam number, then you are likely safe as it could be a geniuine personal or work related call you are getting and not something that is part of a promotional or marketing scheme. Many times, I personally have picked up such calls since I wasn’t too sure whether the number was spam or a genuine caller and I don’t like using 3rd party apps to identify them either. This feature could help you save time and on money especially if you are roaming. There is a small catch though as your particular cellular provider too has to support the same. As a result, we guess most users in India won’t be able to make use of this feature but it definitely is worth giving it a try. If not, then this feature won’t do you much good.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have a built-in spam call identification feature

OMG Samsung is now getting it that too on premium flagship device we mi users already hv this even in budget phones [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom